Friday, February 09, 2007

Barry Makes Bud's Life Tough? Well, Think Of Us!

And this is from the San Francisco Chronicle. One of the best cities with a major league team AND a great home newspaper. And one of the best cities no matter what.....with one of the most disliked ( I could have said hated) players in MLB... Read on..I'll be back....

"Commissioner Bud Selig's life would be much simpler if Barry Bonds were out of the game. (Peter here...ours too!)
Not just because Bonds is a face of the steroid era but because Hank Aaron is Selig's close friend and Bonds' final obstacle for the all-time home run title.
Asked if the common belief is true that he'd prefer Bonds gone, Selig said during a Thursday visit to Treasure Island, "It's not true."
Selig never mentioned Bonds by name in his address as the keynote speaker at Fox Sports Net's annual baseball luncheon, but he said afterward Bonds' return for a 15th season in San Francisco is a "matter between the Giants and Barry ... as long as things are being done in the best interest in the sport and being done correctly, whether it's contractual or anything else."
The Bonds contract is incomplete, though the Giants still expect it'll get done."

Peter here, and I'm sure the Giants' contract with Bonds will get done. And Bud Selig? I went out with his daughter...not the one that you know, and that has NOTHING to do with the game we love. I do have to hope he has the chutspa (yiddish), for....well, courage, and I could have phrased that so differently...but you ALL know the exact word. I hope he has the ability to examine Bond's quest, and of course, if the powers that be agree, then someone should do something. Before that magic number becomes a statistic. It's up to Bud.
Are we in good hands? I'll leave it up to you, my readers. I'd love to hear your thoughts.
We're Sox fans..and I know this 2007 will make us ALL smile.

Have a great weekend, everyone! I'll be here stirring up the conversation....if I can. And thanks!!!

Peter

2 Comments:

At 2/09/2007 10:18 AM, Blogger Peter N said...

And I REALLY did...her first name is Jaime......that's enough...and T7??...thanks for your great stuff...sometimes we disagree, but we both love the same damn team....as we ALL do. Have a wonderful weekend...everyone!!!!!

 
At 2/12/2007 12:31 PM, Blogger Michael Leggett said...

Barry Bonds=Albert Puljols:

TRASH!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home