Friday, February 16, 2007

Beckett In DENIAL?????? Seems So!

This from the Salem MA. sports page, today, Friday! I'll be back after a few select words from Mr. Beckett, and when you finish reading, and after commenting, PLEASE click on this post's title for the entire illuminating, "sour grapes" (??) article. And by sour grapes, I'll explain. Here you go...........and he's speaking about our captain, Jason Varitek!!!

"I don't think it was a communication problem, but it was one of those deals where I just wanted to get along. I was trying to get a comfortable feeling of being around him while getting to know him," Beckett said of his early dealings with Varitek.
"I see how much work he puts into that stuff. It's one of those deals where you want to trust him, and I wish I would have done that more often because I probably would have thrown more curveballs in different counts. I almost felt like I was cheating myself by not saying anything." (Peter here...hey Josh? Speak up if you knew you were sucking!)

"Most thought his curveball was missing when he struggled last season, in which he posted a 16-11 record with a 5.01 ERA. But as he explained, it was actually the changeup which really ailed him throughout the 2006 season.
According to Beckett, the Red Sox were quick to classify their new potential ace as a fastball and curveball guy, with the changeup used as option No. 3. Yet, even though he initially didn't admit to it, the pitcher knew otherwise. (Peter, and AGAIN, Josh, speak up....and I've lost SO much respect for you...today!)
"They were drilling into my head about (the changeup) being too hard," Beckett recalled. (Wa Wa Wa...that's me!) "I don't know if I started believing it or what. It was one of those deals where you come to a new place and you want to get along with everybody. It took me half the season to feel comfortable to the point where I had to say something. But it's definitely something I want to focus on this year."

Peter here, and I couldn't wait to comment, as you saw by my "in the middle of his rant" comments.....is this called denial on Josh's part? Or do you think every one of us will remember his mini-rant come April? The answer is a resounding YES! He should have KEPT HIS MOUTH SHUT and proved it in his first few starts. Who better than the person on the mound to know that something is NOT right? And you, Josh, you're blaming YOUR team (ours too, idiot) AND its captain? Oh man, you, right now, seem to be to all of us, every member of RSN.... well, I'll try to tell you. You seem like a pitcher whose heart is there but who wanted to blame his bloated (oh yeah!) ERA on our captain, and your team. You see, that's my team.....so, shut your mouth and pitch, vary speeds and movement, and do not be so predictable with your fastball. Oh, one other thing? GROW UP. We need you this year...without the attitude and the denial.
Thanks for reading, and my anger was NOT misplaced. I'd love to read your comments, and the entire article is right there, by clicking on this post's title. GO FOR IT. And you're comments? Directly to Josh. My goodness, I have to read 'em!!!

In closing, and this is for you, Josh, pitch the way you know how...and the enevitable result of each batter? AN OUT. I used to call you "Josh Baseball"...now you have an entirely different nickname. And I won't type that gem. You see, I have readers under 18. And I love them. So.......SHUT UP AND PITCH, with an ERA under 4.00.

Thanks for reading, and my anger was NOT misplaced! My readers, I'd love to see your comments...and I feel better letting off all that steam. Thanks.......oh, way to go Josh! IDIOT.

18 Comments:

At 2/16/2007 2:46 PM, Blogger John said...

Don't be badmouthing Tek Mr. Beckett...that will get you nowhere!

 
At 2/16/2007 3:32 PM, Blogger Peter N said...

Hi, and he DID!..Way to go Josh! Idiot!
And thanks for your comments! Peter

 
At 2/16/2007 3:42 PM, Blogger Ian said...

I got opening day tickets. They are obstructed view but I don't really care.

 
At 2/16/2007 3:55 PM, Blogger Peter N said...

Enjoy Ian!!!

 
At 2/16/2007 3:56 PM, Blogger Peter N said...

And would that be our Mr. Beckett's first start?? Or??????

 
At 2/16/2007 3:56 PM, Blogger Peter N said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At 2/16/2007 4:07 PM, Blogger Ian said...

I thought the projections had Dice-K pitching that day but I am not sure. My friend waited 3 hrs in the waiting room and gave up so I went on with her login and got them within 30 mins.

I've never been to opening day so i am not concerned at all with the obstrcuted view. I will be there and snapping away.

 
At 2/16/2007 4:09 PM, Blogger Peter N said...

Ian, they said many moons ago that it would be TOO much pressure for Daisuke...opening day at Fenway facing Ichiro....so he'll pitch Fenway game number two!

 
At 2/16/2007 4:10 PM, Blogger Peter N said...

And Ian, I know you'll have a great time...I'll be watching too! Enjoy the weekend...everyone! And Ian, I'm sure of that rotation........

 
At 2/16/2007 5:30 PM, Blogger KAYLEE said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At 2/16/2007 5:56 PM, Blogger Bosox Fan in Wichita said...

I don't think he was dissing Tek ... in fact, I think he was praising Tek on how hard he works & how Josh should have listened to him more.
I think Josh still has a lot of kid in him and some kids let stuff get in their head. Ya know, half of pitching is 90% mental.

 
At 2/16/2007 7:47 PM, Blogger Ian said...

Beckett talked about that to the media today. He also said he gave advice to Dice-K and it was to 'trust Tek'.

 
At 2/16/2007 7:52 PM, Blogger Katiee said...

I'm with Bosox fan in witchita I don't think he was particularly dissing Tek. Anyways today i decided that I'm not gonna judge people on one thing that say because that gets you nowhere

 
At 2/16/2007 7:53 PM, Blogger Katiee said...

oh and I meant to throw in there I'm not gonna hold it against him...for now

 
At 2/16/2007 10:02 PM, Blogger Ted D said...

Wow. Peter, sorry man, but you are way off base with this one. Go back and read it again: he told Matsuzaka to TRUST Varitek, basically admitting he should have done the same. You gotta remember, this is a 26 year old kid, in his first year in the A.L. When I was 26, I thought I knew everything too. He won 16 games, and went over 200 innings, both firsts for him. Blowing smoke can get you by in the NL, but not he AL East. Sounds like he gets that now. And for a guy who loves the Red Sox, you called one of our cornerstone pitchers an idiot on several occasions. You may want to re look at this one Peter. Only my opinion, so take it for what it's worth.

 
At 2/17/2007 6:33 AM, Blogger Peter N said...

The way I read it the first time seemed that he was blaming the club and Tek for his poor pitch selection and overuse of the fast(bopher)ball. Upon a second read, I see your point, guys. But he was vague in spots when he could have been clearer, Good call BFW, Ian, Katiee and Ted. I thank you.

 
At 2/18/2007 4:49 PM, Blogger Michael Leggett said...

Josh deserves a good, swift kick in the arse.

 
At 2/18/2007 4:50 PM, Blogger Michael Leggett said...

There should be dart boards with Josh's likeness, all over Kenmore Square.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home