Thursday, February 01, 2007

How About A Smile? I Promise!!!!

From the Herald....no need to click on the title, this is the whole enchilada. And a happy one it is........

"Jon Lester has put to rest any fears that his cancer scare would significantly set him back this year by being among the first Red Sox [team stats] players to arrive at spring training in Fort Myers.
Lester, who missed the final month of the 2006 season after being diagnosed and treated for anaplastic large-cell lymphoma, told WBZ radio reporter Jonny Miller yesterday that he expects to be ready to take part in the first pitchers and catchers workout on Feb. 18 at the team’s minor league complex in Fort Myers.
Whether the Sox allow the 23-year-old to jump right back into things, however, remains in question.
“The club always has the best interest of the player, so I’m going to do what they tell me to do,” Lester told Miller. “If they want me to take it slow, I’ll take it slow. If they want me to be normal, I’ll be normal.”

Peter here, and when I read this article, I couldn't help but smile, with a warm feeling of pride and love for Jon Lester. I hope the worst is behind him. He's up to 208 pounds on his way to his ideal 215 pounds. Jon, I know none of us can wait for your first appearance at Fenway. If you listen carefully, you'll hear our hearts sing amongst the deafening cheers of glee and shouts of joy. All for you! God bless.

6 Comments:

At 2/01/2007 4:41 PM, Blogger KAYLEE said...

That is so great:) I love watching him pitch!Cant wait to see him pitch in his first game for the sox again=)

 
At 2/01/2007 4:46 PM, Blogger Peter N said...

Me either!!!!

 
At 2/01/2007 5:27 PM, Blogger lauren said...

Jon deserves the biggest ovation we can give. Sorry, but Trot's gonna hafta settle for second biggest.

Jon Lester and Phil Kessel. They both deserve ovations for the rest of their lives.

 
At 2/01/2007 5:35 PM, Blogger KAYLEE said...

Lauren,I completely agree to recover from cancer is big let alone,to then go back and play hockey,or baseball ETC.

 
At 2/01/2007 9:15 PM, Blogger Katiee said...

YAY!!!!!!!! I can't wait to see him pitch again

 
At 2/02/2007 6:34 AM, Blogger Peter N said...

I so agree! That''s why I wrote the post! Thanks all!!!!!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home