Wednesday, February 14, 2007

JOHN LESTER IS BACK!!!

This morning, amidst the ice and sleet that is pouring down here in north central Connecticut, an article in the Hartford Courant caught my eye and made me smile. Bigtime. Here is a portion. The entire article can and should be read by clicking on the title of this post.

"His cancer is gone and his curveball is back.
"I surprise people," he said. "They're expecting to see the cancer patient here instead of me, and it's just good to get that feeling that I've prepared well and came in, in shape."
Lester's weight, down to 190 during chemotherapy, is up to 212, about five pounds less than his playing weight. His left arm is powerful and his legs are gaining strength.
When Jonathan Papelbon saw him for the first time Monday at spring training, he was stunned at how good Lester looked."

Stunned, happy, proud, just plain old overjoyed. Peter here, and all those feelings went through me like a bolt of lightning on a warm summer day. Where will he pitch? As a member of the rotation? In the bullpen? Dare I say, closer? Tito and his coaches have their work cut out for them. But the most important thing for Jon? Clean and clear check-ups from the doctor on a regular basis. And you know what? I could not be happier! Go get 'em Jon!!!

9 Comments:

At 2/14/2007 10:41 AM, Blogger Ian said...

My guess is he will start out in the minors at Pawtucket to get innings then be back in Boston if someone gets hurt.

 
At 2/14/2007 11:38 AM, Blogger Peter N said...

I agree with one aspect, Ian.....he WILL start out at Pawtucket...his first doctor app't. is there....but the Sox will not have to wait for, or if, someone gets hurt....he'll be up at Fenway no matter what. And the injury bug is as gone as 2006 is....I hope.....but Jon does not have to wait for a space to open, and that I know........wow...loud sleet!

 
At 2/14/2007 12:34 PM, Blogger Bosox Fan in Wichita said...

Hooray for Jon! I really, really hope he makes an early Fenway appearance. He deserves the welcoming he's gonna get. I hope his heart just leaps when he feels the love.
YAY Jon!

 
At 2/14/2007 1:06 PM, Blogger Peter N said...

And I can't wait for that day!

 
At 2/14/2007 4:52 PM, Blogger Novella said...

I think the Faithful Fenway Fans will ROAR when Lester comes out ... I will ... if I am lucky enough to get the game in NovyLand !

 
At 2/14/2007 4:55 PM, Blogger Ian said...

When i worked in New Haven for the Ravens, I used to take batting practice and shag flies all the time.

The last year I was there, the manager used to take us out before batting practice and throw to everyone on the groundscrew. It was a blast. BTW, I have warning track power.

Another thing I used to do is have my friends down there for the day on a weekend and we would have a homerun derby contest. It was a blast. I miss those days. Its too bad with my back I can't enjoy that anymore.

Anyways hope everyone in the northeast is enjoying this crappy weather.

 
At 2/14/2007 5:12 PM, Blogger Peter N said...

I'll roar too! And NESN just obtained the rights to televise in Novyland!
Ian..that sounds like so much fun! Bring on those 70 degree temperatures!

 
At 2/14/2007 6:36 PM, Blogger KAYLEE said...

Minors or Not at the begining of the season great to see JON PITCCHING he is my man!:)

 
At 2/14/2007 6:56 PM, Blogger Michael Leggett said...

Great News:

I was supposed to see his 9/2/06 start, but the day before was bad news about Jon;

Hence, I'm overjoyed over his return.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home