Monday, February 19, 2007

Schill Is Ready For Quite The Season

There was a good article on the early preparations of our ace, Curt Schilling. Here's a taste, and then a few comments. As usual, the entire Hartford Courant article is available by clicking on this post's title.......

"I feel good. I'll be ready to go Opening Day," said Schilling, 40. "This is absolutely a World Series-caliber ballclub, and we need to be ready right out of the chute. I feel like I am.
"It takes more time to do things now than it did in the past. Warming up is just one of them. It takes me a little longer to get it cranked up and going, but it will evolve over the spring."
Schilling, who was 15-7 with a 3.97 ERA last season, reiterated his desire to pitch in 2008."

Quotes such as that warm my heart and really make me optimistic for Red Sox 2007. Daisuke or no Daisuke, Schill is our ace, the guy you hand the ball to for game one. The guy you count on for seven quality, 3 runs or less innings. The guy who will do exactly that 16 or 18 times over the course of the season. He'll set the tone for the rest of our talented group of, for now, six starters. And yes, of course I'm including Jon Lester. He's showed remarkable determination and courage to make it back from the horrors of cancer and its life-changing possibilities. The good Lord looked out for him, and now it's OUR turn........Red Sox fans with hearts as big as Cyn's (Red Sox Chick...link on your right). You have to remember this is a guy who was 7-2 as a starter before and while he was sick. His upside is unimaginable. And so is our club's!
So from Curt to Jon, and the other four guys in between, we look damn good. Now if only a closer will make himself known as the go-to guy, the Paps of '07. When (or if) that happens, I'll start thinking World Series. As the Beatles said, "Yeah yeah yeah!"

5 Comments:

At 2/19/2007 10:48 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

I'm not sure if I believe him though. He didn't look great in person at the writers dinner and seems a bit chunky so far. I love him, so I hope it won't be an issue. He came out in similar shape and still pitched well on the season so I still have high hopes.

 
At 2/19/2007 2:46 PM, Blogger Peter N said...

Hey Greg...he'll be fine! And thanks for the comment too!

 
At 2/19/2007 5:17 PM, Blogger Peter N said...

In person everyone looks chunky!!!

 
At 2/19/2007 5:17 PM, Blogger Peter N said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At 2/19/2007 5:17 PM, Blogger Peter N said...

I double clicked!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home