Monday, February 05, 2007

Super Colts....But What If?

The Indianapolis Colts are Super Bowl champions. They hogged the ball for 38 minutes and 4 seconds while the Bears, even on 3rd and 4 or 3rd and 7, were afraid to let their quarterback throw the ball. That's the biggest reason for their failure. In a game that resembled the Soupy Bowl rather than the Super Bowl, the rain was unceasingly consistant. And it showed early, with turnovers galore. In the end, the better team won. And they won big. I still have to wonder if, two weeks ago, the Pats had scored one more time. JUST ONCE. They would have been the AFL entry for last night's game. You know what I think? The game would have been over by halftime. But the Colts stepped up when they needed to, and there is NO way I will take ANYTHING away from them. The champs. But sometimes, it's nice to daydream.
Now let's turn our eyes to NCAA basketball and to that fair land, although sometimes violent weather-wise, with tragic results, that we call Forida. South, to spring training. C'mon, I'll drive. And I'd be one happy driver!!! So on this three degree F. morning, in the words of Jackie Gleason, away we go!

4 Comments:

At 2/05/2007 11:07 AM, Blogger Michael Leggett said...

Baseball, our pastime, is nearly upon us:

You got a plug, as I've added NBC Weather+ for NYC-WNBC4.

 
At 2/05/2007 11:21 AM, Blogger Peter N said...

Yes, NBS in NYC is ch.4...I'm going now to check your blog. And I live right next door to one of our "during the Today Show" anchors....her name is Keisha Grant, and she's great! Going to Ran. Fan. right now...thanks for being here, as always, ML. You can check out her bio by clicking on the weather thing on my blog, and finding your way from there. And moisture? There's none with this kind of air mass, especially inside with the heated air. Feel better! Peter

 
At 2/05/2007 10:30 PM, Blogger KAYLEE said...

Okay I cant wait til spring training starts.In fact,I think I am going to hide til it starts:)

 
At 2/06/2007 6:27 AM, Blogger Peter N said...

Hide in plain sight!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home