Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Trot Nixon......News...Happy News!!! So Stand Up And........And.......READ!!!

Do we, or WILL we miss him? Hey, Trot, I already am! Bigtime. Dirt Dog? Trot IS the one who that phrase was written about! Read this, from the Acron Ohio Beacon Journal....and click on the title if you want...my comments follow on this warm (36 degrees F.) Wednesday afternoon....

"After being plagued by injuries for three years, Nixon feels healthy.
``Nothing hurts,'' he said. ``I don't know any player who is absolutely healthy for a whole season. Most guys don't have to go on the disabled list, but they have lots of bumps and bruises. But 2003 is the last time I felt this good.''
Nixon's ailments have included a strained biceps tendon, staph infection and a herniated disc (2006); a strained oblique (2005) and a strained quadriceps (2004). Nixon underwent surgery during the winter to correct the back problem.
``I am still working on my strength,'' he said.
``But once I get to be 100 percent, it will be the best I've ever felt.''

Peter here. And Trot, I KNOW YOU WILL be a force in the AL Central! And you'll catch the ball too! OOO, a diss, WMP... I am sorry! And that brings a smile to MY face! We'll see Trot in Fenway's right.....soon! And we will stand and cheer and shower love. And for the entire article, which is a great and quick read....click on the title. And here, in Connecticut, the temperature is ROCKETING upwards. It's already 36.4 degrees F. And I was being a little facetious...when the temperatures ROCKET up, they shouldn't stop until 50 degrees is reached. And I'll wait. I'm patient......but not when it comes to the Sox search for a closer. The sooner the better, and there is NO such thing as TOO soon!!!!!!!!!! SO.....

On NESN tonight, Curt Schilling and the Boston Red Sox will be shown as they open their spring training schedule. Are the Red Sox on their way to heights unknown since 2004? It all depends on the bullpen, doesn't it? I have faith...and maybe Faith Rewarded! I think so! Oh, and I DID want to say hi to our 2007 closer. Please, my readers, let me know who to say hi to!!!!

Thank for reading....the sky is the limit once our late inning guy is known to ALL of us.

10 Comments:

At 2/28/2007 12:27 PM, Blogger Suldog said...

From one high-on-base-percentage-first-baseman to another, you can say "Hi!" to YOOK for me.

 
At 2/28/2007 12:28 PM, Blogger Suldog said...

As for the closer, Donnelly.

 
At 2/28/2007 12:59 PM, Blogger Peter N said...

SUL...hi!! And it is easy to say Donnelly...but..HE HAS TO EARN IT! And now...no one has! Sig tis Mister Positive Peter

 
At 2/28/2007 1:00 PM, Blogger Peter N said...

And I mean....sign this.......

 
At 2/28/2007 3:55 PM, Blogger Mike said...

I think Donnelly and Pineiro will split save opps early in the regular season. Hansen will be closing games by the end of the regular season. But the Sox closer in the World Series will be...Jonathan Papelbon!

 
At 2/28/2007 4:01 PM, Blogger Bosox Fan in Wichita said...

I hope Trot stays healthy and has a great season. Trot and Wedgie will get along great and make Trot a real asset to the team. Maybe it will help that Wedge is a former Red Sox,too. It will be interesting to see how much playing time he gets, since Trot and Casey Blake are both used to playing over a hundred games a year.

Put me down for Joel Pineiro in the Closer Pool :)

 
At 2/28/2007 4:21 PM, Blogger Michael Leggett said...

Ahhhh, The Season Of Training has started, to whet one's Appetite for The Real Thing:

It feels soooooooo grand!

 
At 2/28/2007 5:07 PM, Blogger KAYLEE said...

trot is great!

 
At 2/28/2007 6:38 PM, Blogger Katiee said...

awe Trot :-) good for him

 
At 3/01/2007 6:32 AM, Blogger Peter N said...

Mike, there will be no splitting the closer role. That would result in a disaster. Donnelly, Piniero, who to say right now? BFW, amen regarding Trot!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home