Wednesday, February 07, 2007

We Want To Forget Barry, Not Praise Him

A little Shakespeare there in the title....and this, from NBC sports, is a small excerpt from an article I'd like you to read. Right here...and my comments, harsh they may be, will follow.........and of course, this is about Major League baseball's least liked person (Wily Mo Pena is up there too for Red Sox fans!)......

"The truth, quite simply, is that nobody really wants him. Not his bosses. Not his teammates. And certainly not the powers entrusted with the care of our national pastime.
Yet Barry Bonds continues to turn up like the proverbial bad penny.
The start of spring training is now just days away, baseball followers, and here is the disturbing reality: We essentially have spent an entire winter talking about a man who is stuck to the bottom of baseball’s shoe as if he were a stale wad of Juicy Fruit.Nine years ago this approaching summer, when Mark McGwire and Sammy Sosa engaged in a pursuit of Roger Maris’ single-season home run record, we all followed the story with great anticipation. At the time, we really didn’t know better. We were all ignorant and naïve, and maybe we wanted to be. We look back now and see how foolish it all was.
Now comes Bonds and his pursuit of Hank Aaron, and you would think that we might all know better. Bonds really is not chasing a record at all, not the way he has done it, not with what we have learned. From the fans and media to the players, officials and owners, what we say and what we want are two very different things, and the latter is simply indisputable.
Sooner rather than later, we all want Bonds to just go away."

Peter here, and the two magic words? GO AWAY! I used to like Juicy Fruit gum. Never again! And I say yessss...go away, or retire when you tie Hammerin' Hank's record. For your name is filth, and your reputation in the future? I'm just glad it's not mine. Barry, you sh*t on everything that is good about the game we love...baseball.

Thanks for reading, everyone. You're my readers, and nothing could be better! How lucky am I? Well......this Barry is not a person who I'd want my sons or daughters (if I had them...and they'd be so great!) to look up to. Comments??? Please! Thanks for being here.......Barry might go, but I'm staying right here!! Following in HIS footsteps is not a part of my life plan. AMEN!

1 Comments:

At 2/07/2007 6:08 AM, Blogger Peter N said...

I had to reprint.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home