Thursday, February 22, 2007

Where Does It Say The Word "IDIOT?"

I'm used to trash such as this from the Daily News, of New York City. But the headline, which you will soon, very soon, see, mentions the word idiot. But IN the article, which contains Johnnie D's. comments, that particlar "I" word does NOT appear. I guess that might be called "author selective editing." I call it BS! Here you go, and if you'd like to see the entire post, click on the title. But to tell you the truth, just keep reading! Thanks, my faithful readers.............


**JOHNNY CALLS THE RED SOX IDIOTS FOR BEING CHEAP**

BY MARK FEINSAND


TAMPA - A little more than a year after the Red Sox allowed Johnny Damon to bolt Boston for New York for a paltry - by baseball standards, anyway - $12 million, the question remains: Why did Boston allow the heart of its team to leave for its biggest rival?
Damon, now in his second spring with the Yankees, believes the Red Sox had the money to sign him, they just decided he wasn't worth it.
"I knew they had the money back when they were negotiating with me; they just took their stance," Damon said. "I was probably the only guy who never begged them to sign me."
In Damon's mind, he had done everything possible to earn a new deal from the Red Sox, who offered him four years and $40 million. If they didn't want to give him one, he would find what he wanted elsewhere.
That it was the Yankees who gave it to him was simply a bonus.
"They had a chance for a month and a half after the season, but when they don't talk to you or offer you a contract in that time, it tells you they don't want you," Damon said. "That's fine with me. I wasn't going to be in a situation where they didn't want me. I think they just looked at it as, 'Johnny loves it here.' It was great, but this suits me a lot better. I'm a happier person because of it."

Peter here. And I had to chime in. You know me...I HAD TO...what is your point, little Johnnie? Poor baby...are you happy now? Then why pout?? Do you miss the more favorable, more laid-back and "it's ok to smile" clubhouse atmosphere that our players enjoy? Aww, poor boy. OK, back to the article.....

"Damon hit .285 with 24 homers, 80 RBI and 25 steals in his first season with the Yankees, giving the Bombers their first true leadoff hitter since Chuck Knoblauch left after the 2001 season.
Epstein never mentioned Damon by name, but a Boston source said the Red Sox regret allowing the center fielder to skip town and sign with the Yankees.
"I think they'd like a do-over on that one," the source said. "That's safe to say. If they knew what the market would do, I'm sure they would have sweetened the pot a little for Johnny."

Peter here.......message to Mark Feinsand, author of this article for the Daily News. HHMMMM, I've read this twice, and no where, not anywhere, and no place in print did I see a hint of Johnnie Damon (spelling intentional for his first name...always since he left, or we let him go, more accurately) uttering that word "idiot." So I must commend you on your journalistic skills. NOW I know what it takes to be a New York Daily News reporter/writer. Key words?? NOT MUCH. Thanks for the laughs, the unintentional hilarity! (PETER here...I erred...see addendum below..thanks Mark)
And to my readers, if you had the time to read his article, I hope you enjoyed. There are so many of my readers who are Johnnie Damon lovers! Speak up with a comment or three, for me!!! I'll read every one of your responses, and comment on them, too. The entire NY Daily News article is linked when you click on the title. So do it!!!
But for now, that's enough from me!! My back doesn't hurt any longer (thank you Vicodin), but my verbality is apparent. In plain old English, right now, I'M TALKING TOO MUCH!!! So take care, and have a great Thursday, as I say with a smile, a grin, a suppressed laugh, a............I had to cut this guy off! Bye.......

***IMPORTANT ADDITION***
This is Peter on Monday morning, the 26th of the month. And the author of the above Daily News piece, Mark Feinsand, was nice enough to write to me yesterday. He brought to my attention one HUGE point. Yes, he wrote the article, an article that I found informative and entertaining. But he DID NOT write the "idiotic" title of said post. That was up to someone else...in this case, a boob! Mark, thank you, and readers, look for Mark's name when you are reading the Daily News. I know I will! PN

7 Comments:

At 2/22/2007 10:16 AM, Blogger Michael Leggett said...

"Long Hair, Nice Charm, a 6th Grade Girl's Arm, he's just Juan Damon to me", are the lines to the "Juan Damon" song Parody, on the "Loren & Wally" Show on WROR-FM in Boston:

Juan Damon-WHINER!

 
At 2/22/2007 10:23 AM, Blogger Peter N said...

Wow, and they spelled it Loren...I went out with a Loren for a few years...thinking of her makes me smile, Michael, you would too...she was beautiful, and that spelling is unique. Thanks for being here...your blog is my next stop!

 
At 2/22/2007 12:16 PM, Blogger BklynSoxFan said...

I wrote a long post about this on my blog too, Peter. Terribly written article by this Daily News "writer", with LOTS of facts about December 2005 left out...

 
At 2/22/2007 12:46 PM, Blogger Peter N said...

Q, I know...That article almost....wait! It did make me laugh...great to hear form you...and the weather keeps changing...now "they" say we're in for five inches of snow. Not impressive 'cept that's more than we've had ALL year!
Take care, the mighty one! "C'mon without, c'mon within"....etc.

 
At 2/22/2007 11:56 PM, Blogger San Francisco Red Sox Fan said...

I'm amazed that Damon is still whining about the trade 15 months later. Time to move on Johnny.

 
At 2/23/2007 12:19 AM, Blogger San Francisco Red Sox Fan said...

Oops - I didn't mean "trade" I meant the lack of motivation by the Sox to sign Damon.

 
At 2/23/2007 6:20 AM, Blogger Peter N said...

SFRSF___you got that exactly right! And welcome!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home