Saturday, March 03, 2007

DARKMAN

If you've never seen the movie DARKMAN, rent it on DVD. It stars Liam Neeson, one of the best actors this world knows, as a scientist who is disfigured by an insane criminal. The flick is comic book violence at its best, and I heartily recommend it. In fact, I guarantee you'll be floored by its quick pace, great effects, superb acting and raw emotion. Neeson is incredible as a truly haunted man torn asunder by his own decaying hideous skin. When he gets mad, YOU get mad. And he gets MAD!!!
I told you that to tell you this. It seems the Boston Red Sox have their own "Darkman," and I hope this nickname sticks. His name is Hideki Okajima, a lefthanded reliever who has been in Daisuke's shadow all year. And he doesn't mind. He said this yesterday.......

"Okajima retired all three batters he faced in the fifth inning and said afterward he is quite comfortable being overshadowed by his more prominent countryman.
“I am willing to be a hero in the dark,” he profoundly said through a translator.
Okajima, who signed a two-year, $2.5 million contract in November, didn’t have perfect command of his pitches yesterday. However, he was precise when he needed to be and got outs on a fastball and two different curveballs."

Peter here.....Darkman was good enough yesterday to pitch a clean fifth inning, and the huge question mark that is the Red Sox bullpen, which might be the club's undoing, certainly needs him.
DARKMAN LIVES. Opponents beware..he's going to get you!!!!!

14 Comments:

At 3/03/2007 9:04 AM, Blogger Julie said...

I LOVED that quote! I don't know why... I just loved it! And I love Okajima :)

 
At 3/03/2007 9:36 AM, Blogger Peter N said...

And you'd love that movie too. Let's hope our bullpen is NOT a dark hole full of blown saves! I'm not convinced yet......

 
At 3/03/2007 11:20 AM, Blogger KAYLEE said...

I love Okajima too and his quote. and loved that movies and I usally hate movies:)

 
At 3/03/2007 11:39 AM, Blogger Peter N said...

Kaylee...wait!!! Did you REALLY see DARKMAN?? Please, I need to know. And I hope you're feeling good. Every comment you leave here is soo great. After all, you're number one! Take care.

 
At 3/03/2007 11:49 AM, Blogger KAYLEE said...

YES I DID:) I am feeling fine at the moment but I am on pain killers so That isnt saying much:)

 
At 3/03/2007 12:28 PM, Blogger Ian said...

I have seen that movie too and i hope that the nickname sticks for him. as long as we keep writing it, maybe it will stick.

 
At 3/03/2007 1:46 PM, Blogger Peter N said...

Well, that's great. WE HAVE THE DARKMAN!!!!!

 
At 3/03/2007 1:46 PM, Blogger Peter N said...

Ian, spread it...you have so many readers!!! OK???

 
At 3/03/2007 1:49 PM, Blogger KAYLEE said...

Papelbon looks good so far:)

 
At 3/03/2007 1:50 PM, Blogger KAYLEE said...

HE made utley look bad there and RYAN HOWARD:)

 
At 3/03/2007 2:53 PM, Blogger Peter N said...

Ian, it would be so great if it did. And Kylee....hi

 
At 3/03/2007 5:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Man...I just hope this doesn't mean he loses his skin!!!

 
At 3/03/2007 5:50 PM, Blogger Peter N said...

MCW, there are worse things! Love ya!

 
At 8/01/2019 4:24 AM, Blogger Andrew S Oliver said...

Very nice blog field i have ever seen till now. Visit i found Best coaching institute for iit

 

Post a Comment

<< Home