Monday, March 12, 2007

Monday, The One And Only Springtime Sox/Yanks game....

Carl Pavano, just back from a team-excused absence, is excited to pitch against the "A" Red Sox team. Carl, I have a clue for you, but my readers, check this out first. This is from mlb.com, and if you click on the title, it'll be there! So......

"A frenzied working atmosphere awaits New York's starting pitcher, Carl Pavano, who is attempting to make his way back to the Major Leagues after 1 1/2 seasons of injury-related troubles.
Pavano was scheduled to pitch on Friday against the Rays, but left Legends Field shortly before game time to attend to personal issues. His second start of the spring instead will come against the Yankees' most storied rival, and Pavano said he welcomes the challenge.
"It's definitely going to be nice to get down there," Pavano said. "Especially with the home field, you know you're going to face their 'A' team. I'm definitely looking forward to it."

Peter here, and Carl, wake up, it won't be the proverbial "A" team, not for the Sox...read on, one more time, my constant readers....

"Matsui -- who played in a different league than Matsuzaka in Japan and said he does not know him well -- is one of four regulars the Yankees are bringing to Fort Myers on Monday. Melky Cabrera, Robinson Cano and Jason Giambi are also scheduled to make the trip.
Those anticipating a preview of what the capacity crowds will see this summer at Fenway Park or Yankee Stadium will have to wait; the parts of Alex Rodriguez, Derek Jeter and Jorge Posada will be played by the likes of Miguel Cairo, Alberto Gonzalez and Todd Pratt.
That's not to say the game is unimportant for the Yankees."

Peter here...and it will just be another spring training game. For me, if no one gets hurts and everyone learns a little something....that's a plus day for me. The Ides of March await, just a few short days away. The last half of March leading into the first couple days of April?? THAT'S when it gets serious for me! And I can't wait. Can you???????

15 Comments:

At 3/12/2007 9:42 AM, Blogger Suldog said...

I'm just not getting up for anything so far. I'm afraid I won't be ready to go until opening day...

 
At 3/12/2007 10:48 AM, Blogger Ian said...

the lineup is supposed to be all the regulars minus Varitek since Wake is pitching.

 
At 3/12/2007 10:49 AM, Blogger Peter N said...

....and I'll be there......I just have to write 'bout our Sox......in my blood!

 
At 3/12/2007 10:51 AM, Blogger Peter N said...

It will, Ian, as I pointed out to make Pavano look like a fool, exactly that.........The "A" team? Maybe in his mind!!!!! Thanks guys.......delicously misguided Yankees make my day!

 
At 3/12/2007 10:52 AM, Blogger Peter N said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At 3/12/2007 10:53 AM, Blogger Bosox Fan in Wichita said...

Definitely worth tuning in ... I'll be watching. Maybe it'll be "Dougie's going deep tonight!"

 
At 3/12/2007 11:04 AM, Blogger Peter N said...

Instead of 60 Minutes at 7pm Sunday, it's Sox/Yanks at 7pm Monday! But there is not much to read into this game, as long as there are no injuries. Hey BFW, Ian and Sully!!!

 
At 3/13/2007 5:37 AM, Blogger Coral said...

All these games matter Peter. I really can't wait for season to start.

 
At 3/13/2007 6:39 AM, Blogger Peter N said...

Sul, me either, except with the search for a closer. I know Coral, but it's hard to get excited for a team without a closer. At least for me.

 
At 3/13/2007 7:30 AM, Blogger Peter N said...

Ian, you're right about the line up. I erred.

 
At 3/13/2007 7:36 AM, Blogger Peter N said...

Coral, don't get me wrong. I love the Sox, always have and always will. But the first half of spring training is just that---time to get in baseball shape while avoiding the injury bug. The scores do not matter. But after St Patty's day, things change. The Sox have important decisions to make...see Ian's comment in the previous post. Hint......think closer search.

 
At 3/14/2007 10:06 AM, Blogger Michael Leggett said...

Viewing it on NESN in NYC?

PRICELESS!

 
At 3/14/2007 10:25 AM, Blogger Peter N said...

ML, you're WAY back here...it was on NESN in NYC? WoW!!!!

 
At 3/14/2007 12:09 PM, Blogger Michael Leggett said...

We were blessed with NESN in a rare way:

No YES!

 
At 3/14/2007 12:18 PM, Blogger Peter N said...

And YES, NO!!!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home