Wednesday, March 28, 2007

The New York Times' Murray Ch(ass) Speaks..Nothing New, Either.....

Wow, what a surprise. A "sour grapes" piece by Murray Chass, he of the New York Times, and a confirmed Red Sox hater...berater....any words will do. Title click for the entire article.......

"And so, a question was recently posed to Red Sox players: Is there any reason why Boston shouldn’t be picked to win the division title?
“I can’t answer that,” Manager Terry Francona said, opting to be diplomatic. “I would never fall into that trap. You guys are the experts. That’s what I always hear. I’m just a manager.”
Jason Varitek, the catcher and team captain, took the most time with the question.
Suggesting it was too early to answer it, he said, “We’ve got a lot of things that this team needs to get done to get better, starting with our pitching.”
Starting, relieving or both? “All of the above,” he said.
Varitek was speaking before the Red Sox abandoned their plan to make Jonathan Papelbon a starter and restored him to the closer role he filled so capably for most of last season. But his exit from the starting rotation presumably weakens it. It now has two 40-year-olds, one of whom, Tim Wakefield, had a losing record last season that might have made the difference between the Red Sox making and not making the playoffs.
But, perhaps to Boston’s own surprise, the rotation now also has a formidable-looking pitcher named Matsuzaka.

Peter here, and there's so much more in the Chass article. So please, my readers, after commenting, click on the title.

OK, Murray, back to you. I didn't forget you..how could I? First of all, let me take a deep breath. Phew....OK...I'm better.
Murray, I don't like you. And yes, your article does stink of sour grapes. PU!!!! And I won't waste any more of my precious words. Not now. Except for this. You wrote that Timmy Wakefield might have made the DIFFERENCE last year? Where were you last autumn?? The injury bug took a huge bite out of the team I love, an all-encompassing lethal bite that made the Red Sox, MY Red Sox, a battered and beaten bunch. I thought it was your job to follow baseball. Maybe, just maybe, it's time to WAKE UP. Red Sox Forever. Watch us soar. 2007. And I can't wait to read your words, Mr Chass. This is Peter N. Maybe take some time to come over here...to read the truth. But maybe that's asking way too much. YOU TELL ME!

13 Comments:

At 3/28/2007 12:12 PM, Blogger Kristin said...

Uggh...that article is really annoying. I like Big Papi's response to the question:

“I don’t know,” David Ortiz said. “I don’t have no time right now. We’re looking good, we’re looking good.”

Haha.

 
At 3/28/2007 12:18 PM, Blogger Peter N said...

Kristin, hi! And I hope you are the first of many who agree with us, you AND me. Thanks! Peter

 
At 3/28/2007 12:24 PM, Blogger Ian said...

he has no class just like the big curly boyfriend of schilling's Mr. Shaughnessy

 
At 3/28/2007 12:27 PM, Blogger Peter N said...

And I couldn't agree more! And wow, no more UCONN roundball. A perfect time for the Sox to take center stage! Thanks Ian. His entire article is even tougher to take. I hope you title clicked. And that goes for everyone.....

 
At 3/28/2007 12:44 PM, Blogger Suldog said...

Well, anybody who doesn't take the injuries suffered last year into consideration - possibly the major consideration - is either blind or prejudiced. Guess we know which one, huh?

 
At 3/28/2007 1:00 PM, Blogger Michael Leggett said...

Murray Chass of the NY Times?
Dan Shaughnessy of the Boston Globe?
I see a common thread, as both work for the NY Times Company:
I wonder if they both sip from the same Scotch Bottle?

 
At 3/28/2007 1:20 PM, Blogger Peter N said...

Sul...yep, we do. And Michael, I think they drink it from a can!
Thanks....

 
At 3/28/2007 2:24 PM, Blogger Kevin Scalley said...

Great line Michael L!

What do Murray Chass and Terrel Owens have in common?

There both idiots!!!

 
At 3/28/2007 2:29 PM, Blogger Michael Leggett said...

Tim Mc Carver is smarter than Dan Shaughnessy & Murray Chass & Terrell Owens:

& that's NOT saying much.

 
At 3/28/2007 3:06 PM, Blogger Peter N said...

Michael, one plus one plus (to infinity) still equals less than zero, except for smiles when they try for concern, heartfelt concern.
And FB, you're funny. Thanks for the comments. I'm still waiting for our Murray....I guess I have a long and mighty wait...maybe that's our blessing....take care. Peter

 
At 3/28/2007 3:07 PM, Blogger Peter N said...

It is......

 
At 3/29/2007 12:32 PM, Blogger BklynSoxFan said...

The Chasshole, what a tool.

 
At 3/29/2007 12:46 PM, Blogger Peter N said...

Hey Q...would he be a regular or a Phillip's head? Either way, he seemed so clueless when he wrote what he wrote about Timmy. Maybe he was hibernating? If that's the correct spelling, well, I might win the lottery.
Thanks for reading. Pete

 

Post a Comment

<< Home