Thursday, April 26, 2007

A Comment From Japan......About Our Darkman!

Hello my readers. This is Peter N, and I just received this email from the native home of Daisuke and Hideki "the Darkman" Okajima. Please read, and I will link Superbowls' blog...just click on the title of this post. I am amazed, and happy. Darkman lives. Go Red Sox. Now read this, his spelling, and then click on the title. Thank you Superbowl-San. Peter N.

Hello Peter
I'm Superbowl, a Japanese bloger.
I showed the Gordon Edes' article put into Japanese on my blog
And I reached your blog.
i tried to leave comment on your blog, but i have no google account.
So i send mail like this.

my blog post is
http://blog.goo.ne.jp/superbowl/e/908d61461d9820fb2e592b08e1162b67

sorry wrote it all in Japanese exept for quoted headlines and your name
(i don't know right pronunciation of your name, so can't put it into
Japanese characters)

but just see Bottom of it.
I made simple gif animation.

I think idea of DarkMan is so cool
I hope it sticks too.
and I also wanna hear his new theme music.

thanks for reading and forgive my bad english
I manage to read ariticles looking up every other word in a dictionary
but hardly write or speak like everyone else in Japan.

I'll spread the Nickname in Japan

Regards,
SuperBowl

Peter here...click on the title, my readers... and again, Superbowl-san....thank you. And readers, when you click on the title, go to the bottom of his blog...there is a GREAT animation. Who IS Darkman? His name is Hideki Okajima, and he is the enemy of Red Sox opponents. His left arm blazes, and the opposing batters meekly bow, and go back to the shadows of their dugout. Defeated. By DARKMAN!! This is what makes being a baseball fan worth everything! Thank you my readers, American or Japanese. The world of baseball unites us all. And that's good. You see, we're all the same. Loving, caring, needing friendship, or maybe just a hug.....that's what makes us all human. I love you all.

11 Comments:

At 4/26/2007 6:06 PM, Blogger Ian said...

Got your email. That's pretty awesome. You might have to find a japanese translator for the side of your page so your fans in Japan can read the english you write.

Congrats again.

 
At 4/26/2007 6:18 PM, Blogger Peter N said...

Thanks Ian...I sent a copy to Gordon...never know if someone could put that animation to music. You did see it at the bottom of his blog, I hope!

 
At 4/26/2007 7:54 PM, Blogger Ian said...

I might be able to add music to it. and yes i did see it.

 
At 4/26/2007 8:25 PM, Blogger Katiee said...

thats so cool

 
At 4/26/2007 10:33 PM, Blogger Jen said...

World famous Peter. Wow ! Can I have your autograph? heehee...I am proud of you. I know how much your Sox and writing mean to you....

Jen

 
At 4/26/2007 10:42 PM, Blogger Kristin said...

That's awesome Peter. The nickname you coined has gone international. You are officially famous now! ( :

I love the Darkman graphic they created!

 
At 4/26/2007 10:45 PM, Blogger Peter N said...

Kristin, thanks...this would make a great Boston/Japan sports story. Edes should jump on it. I wish.
Thanks Kristin and Jenny!
The graphic WAS great. Night all, he says with a yawn.

 
At 4/27/2007 7:38 AM, Blogger Kevin Scalley said...

Peter maybe Curt S. can give you some Japanese lessons!

 
At 4/27/2007 9:21 AM, Blogger Peter N said...

FB, I think it was mighty nice of blogger Superbowl-san to translate his message to me, and then to all of us. Thanks!

 
At 4/27/2007 1:49 PM, Blogger VTek said...

It's official - Your new black car's plate should be "Darkman"!

 
At 4/27/2007 2:42 PM, Blogger Peter N said...

Thank you Carol......and everyone!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home