Wednesday, April 18, 2007

One Bad Inning Costs Daisuke And The Red Sox. Toronto Wins 2-1

It was the fourth when it all unravelled for Daisuke Matsuzaka. He only allowed 3 hits during his entire 6 inning stint, but walked 3, all bunched together in that ugly 4th. And the Blue Jays, with 3 (!!) hits, managed to win this one by the score of 2-1. Yet another Daisuke start where a lack of runs and a little wildness doomed his chance for win number 2. His stats so far in his 3 starts? Here you go. And thank you Hartford Courant for these numbers. 1 win, 2 losses, 20 IP with 6 ER, 5 (!!!) BB's, 24 (yet again !!) K's with a 2.70 ERA. The Red Sox, seemingly facing the very best of the opposing team's pitching performances every time Daisuke pitches, have struggled, with only 5 runs and 19 hits (11 alone against the Royals) in his 3 starts. THIS WILL CHANGE. I know it will. Mr. Matsuzaka has been the real thing, and as he gets more comfortable and his club backs him with more runs, only good things will happen. I know it!
Wakes goes tonight in the 2nd of 3 with the Jays, and then....THEN....the New York Yankees come to town, our town, our park, our fans. And the Red Sox will have their top three starters going against them.
But first? 2 more in Toronto. Let's win both.

On another note, wow, did I have an eventful morning today. It ended mere minutes ago. Something we all take for granted, the four tires on our cars, betrayed me. Well, at least one of them did, and so did the spare. And I learned the HARD way .....that's all it takes! The betrayal.......3 days before this car is being replaced by a shiny black new one! The story, and the waiting, and the.....oh well, I'll write a post about it in a few minutes. I should call it "How To Ruin Your Morning In One Easy Step." I wanted to get this Sox baseball post up as soon as I returned home from my mystifying and baffling morning of travel.
Enjoy this Wednesday. It's shortly after noon, and yes, I can start enjoying the day RIGHT NOW, after my "morning of misery." But I know, as we all know, this. It could always be worse. My heart still hurts, bleeds and grieves for the families of the Virginia Tech students, young people gunned down in their prime, while doing, of all things, sitting, just sitting in an everyday college classroom. God bless their souls.
I linked the excellent Globe article about last night's game in Canada. Just click on the title.

9 Comments:

At 4/18/2007 3:22 PM, Blogger Bosox Fan in Wichita said...

You are so right about Daisuke. He will get a bunch of victories the way he has been pitching ... if his teammates would just quit sleepwalking through his marvelous performances and give him a few runs. Let's hope Wakes gets that run support again tonight like he got his last start. I'm concerned about Tavarez v. Halladay tomorrow.

 
At 4/18/2007 3:26 PM, Blogger Peter N said...

Halladay against ANY pitcher brings shivers. That's why it would be so big to win tonight. Timmy's been pitching great. Hello bats!??!

 
At 4/19/2007 6:56 AM, Blogger Peter N said...

And we did win!!

 
At 4/19/2007 7:39 AM, Blogger VTek said...

Sounds like both you and Dice had a bad inning. Hope there wasn't a car accident!

 
At 4/19/2007 8:03 AM, Blogger Peter N said...

Hi Carol, and no accident. The flat occurred, suddenly, about one block from a favorite full service gas station that I've gone to for years, for gas and emergency stuff, like a flat. But no fixable tire was found...spare too. And I knew it. I just thought with 3 days to go I'd sliiiiddde through to the new little black beauty. A 2008 just released new model new body style new everything Audi TT. Thanks for reading! Peter

 
At 4/19/2007 12:21 PM, Blogger Sam said...

I had some doubts a few times during the game but hey we won so I'll just take that and run with it :O)

 
At 4/19/2007 3:43 PM, Blogger Peter N said...

Hi Sammi...Sox just won their 2nd in the dome.

 
At 4/20/2007 10:09 AM, Blogger VTek said...

Peter - Your old car wasn't just going to go away quietly to make way for your new one! LOL

 
At 4/20/2007 10:27 AM, Blogger Peter N said...

But go away it did! I just sweeped up all the dust out of my garage on this sunny, soon to be 70 degree day. Yay...and thanks Carol....I'm a big fan! Of you!!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home