Monday, April 02, 2007

Opening Day 2007 Red Sox Style

We're a little more than 9 hours away as I type these words. Boston at Kansas City, Curt Schilling versus Gil Meche. The good guys up against the bad guys. This is the day we've been waiting for all winter long, and even though today is that rough day when I pay my taxes, nothing can replace those delicious jittery chills I get when the umpire yells those famous words, "Play Ball!" Let's do it!
And before we start this sure to be memorable 2007, I'd like to thank someone. She has a huge heart, and a baseball mind. Her name is Cyn, of the blog Red Sox Chick. The link is right there, on my link list. Red Sox fans? Nobody can be any better. Thank you Cyn...and may your faith sustain us right through late October. And I'll sign this me, Peter. With all the love in the world.

10 Comments:

At 4/02/2007 12:03 PM, Blogger VTek said...

We have doing taxes & the Red Sox on the same day here as well -lol. Be sure to get it over with in time to enjoy the game!

 
At 4/02/2007 12:18 PM, Blogger Peter N said...

Thanks Carol.....with Shill on the mound, and as long as we score three runs, and as long as the 'bridge" to paps is sound....victory. Gee, that was too many ifs. But thank you, and everyone who was and are so kind to leave me a comment about my sadness. Now...YAY.....now it's time to win game number one. Number one of 110? That one I'll leave to Father Time, or Mother Nature, or the Saint who is in charge of any avoidance of the injury bug. And it all comes down to....FAITH. I have Faith..in my team, and more importantly, in you! And that's the most important thing in my life right now. So.....have fun. And thank you for making this part of my life as good as it can be. Hey, smile. You should be proud. I am! Of you.....

 
At 4/02/2007 12:20 PM, Blogger Jess said...

I just can't wait. I'm trying to occupy my mind with other things, but it's just not working.
So glad today's finally here!

 
At 4/02/2007 12:54 PM, Blogger Peter N said...

It is, Jess!!!!!

 
At 4/02/2007 12:56 PM, Blogger Mike said...

I predict 99 wins for the AL Champion Sox this year!

Go Sox!

 
At 4/02/2007 1:08 PM, Blogger Peter N said...

Go SOX! Go Mike!

 
At 4/02/2007 1:26 PM, Blogger Suldog said...

OPENING DAY! I love it.

 
At 4/02/2007 1:32 PM, Blogger Peter N said...

Me too...I might even watch the Yankees lose. After all, they're just starting! Thanks Sul! Comcast added YES in HD. They'll look better losing in Hi-Def......enjoy. And Go...our SOX. And Sul, thanks yet again.

 
At 4/02/2007 3:56 PM, Blogger Amy said...

I just had to stop by today as I knew it was a great day in Peter's life!! The opening day of baseball!!

I hope you have a great day (what's with the taxes on such a ceremonious day? Can't it wait a day or two?)

Enjoy!!

(I'll be watching ESPN as soon as I can get home!)

 
At 4/02/2007 4:07 PM, Blogger Peter N said...

Thanks Amy.......great pic! And yes, taxes will wait until tomorrow. Take care!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home