Monday, May 07, 2007

Clemens...One More Time

Now wait, my faithful readers...I know we're all a little sick of the back and forth about Roger Clemens. But....you have to read this. Ken Rosenthal, from Fox Sports dot com, wrote one of the best articles I have read so far about Steinbrenner's money spending spree of Sunday May 6th. Not a bad move by the 70-something year old owner of a team that needed JUST this. JUST THIS. Call him crazy, but he still has (I think) baseball smarts. If the Boston Red Sox were in the same dire situation, and $10 million more would have brought him back to Beantown, they would have done it. Crazy money well spent by a desperate team. And a NOT so crazy owner. Will it prove to be the bonanza that owner George Steinbrenner is striving for, as EVERY owner should? It very well might. The future will tell. But I do want you to click on the title of this post. If you're on baseballnooze.com, just come over to my blog. The title here is an active link.

Everyone, all my readers, on this Monday, a day after "that Sunday", a Sunday we will all remember, I promise this. For good, for bad, I love the 2007 Boston Red Sox...the players, the coaches, the........the........the everything! Toronto here we come. And it does look like Roger Clemens will pitch his first game for "that" team against the very team I love. C'mon...the team we ALL love. Will we beat him and his team? Oh yes!!!!!!

And I DO have to say this. When May turns to June, when flowers are in bloom, when other teams will swoon. THE BOSTON RED SOX WILL BE IN FIRST PLACE. We'll be there. I know.....all year!

Now click on the title....and thanks.

13 Comments:

At 5/07/2007 9:56 AM, Blogger Michael Leggett said...

& Roger will still be old:

What next? Signing Steve Carleton?

 
At 5/07/2007 10:24 AM, Blogger Peter N said...

Michael, you know better...he will be a force......and I hated to say that. But I just did!
Just my honesty.......you know me. I hate this! He will help that darned team......P

 
At 5/07/2007 12:43 PM, Blogger Collective Thoughts said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 5/07/2007 12:44 PM, Blogger Collective Thoughts said...

NOT*

 
At 5/07/2007 12:54 PM, Blogger Suldog said...

Ugh. I am SOOOOOO glad the Sox didn't get him. Honestly. I think the guy is two-faced and a liar and the last thing I would have wanted was to see him in a Sox uniform again.

 
At 5/07/2007 4:32 PM, Blogger Peter N said...

But Sul...I'd so much rather see him in ANY uniform other than the one he will be wearing.....it will end up helping THAT team countlessly......that was my point.

 
At 5/07/2007 4:33 PM, Blogger Peter N said...

And Michael....VERY funny. But NOTHING about this is funny to me.

 
At 5/07/2007 4:53 PM, Blogger Peter N said...

In fact, the MFY's.....well, better left unsaid. I have readers of ALL ages. Am I peeved??? Oh yes!!!!

 
At 5/07/2007 6:15 PM, Blogger Rickey said...

I hear Nolan Ryan is available.

 
At 5/07/2007 7:08 PM, Blogger Michael Leggett said...

Rickey?

Seaver & Koosman are also available

 
At 5/07/2007 10:29 PM, Blogger Middle Relief said...

in 1st all year?? - yikes, a jinx of a statement perhaps.

I'm glad they wrote the check to get him in. Hopefuly the Yanks can win a few to make the rest of the games between us meaningful...

 
At 5/08/2007 6:24 AM, Blogger Peter N said...

Rickey, Luis tiant is on the way!

 
At 5/08/2007 6:24 AM, Blogger Peter N said...

Loo-ie Loo-ie

 

Post a Comment

<< Home