Saturday, May 19, 2007

A Little Something About Jonathon Papelbon

I came across an article from today's Nashua Telegraph. And it's all about Jonathon Papelbon. You remember him....that guy who comes trotting out of the bullpen in the ninth inning of games where the Red Sox have a lead, but not too big a lead. And if they're behind, he sits. If it's a Sox romp, he still sits. Such is the life of an elite closer. And we ALL know that's EXACTLY what he is. And aren't we lucky! Why? I'll tell you why. Jonathon Papelbon is in the Red Sox pitching arsenal. Quite an arsenal indeed. Other clubs are drooling over the combination of lefty/righty Okajima and Papelbon. So, I'd like you to read this, and I'd love your comments afterwards. At least until it stops raining, we all need something to do. So thank you Steven Krasner, of the Nashua (NH) Telegraph. Well done. Click on the title, my readers! You'll enjoy. I promise.

And why is it that there are no Hideki Okajima tee shirts available? WHY????? There are dozens of Daisuke tees and merchandise out there, but our "hero in the dark," as he's called himself, and I turned that into "the Darkman," remains just that. He has a sub. 0.50 ERA...he's a lefty who has been literally LIGHTS-OUT since his first batter. If I knew what to do, I'd start manufacturing and selling "THE DARKMAN...Hideki Okajima..He's Here To Eliminate Our Enemies" tee shirts. I obviously can come up with a better tee shirt slogan, but my point is this. HELLO OUT THERE. HELLO!!!!!This guy is the best lefty reliever in major league baseball. AND NOT A TEE SHIRT TO BE FOUND? Bad job! I can go to Japan and buy as many Oki Red Sox tee shirts as I'd ever want to own. But here? Here?? NOOOOOOOO. I just HAD to put in a little Belushi!

Please don't forget to click on the title for a geniunely heartwarming Paps article....and please leave a comment. I hope there is baseball today times two. Don't you? Now click! And email the Yawkey Way Store, or anyone who sells genuine Red Sox merchandise, and ask them this......"WHY NO DARKMAN-HIDEKI OKAJIMA TEE SHIRTS?" Be nice to them, for they might not know his name....a name that all of major league baseball and its fans will know well before the All Star break. Of that I am certain. And thanks so much. Now it's your turn...click away! Paps is waiting!! And so am I, for your comments! GO SOX! As always, thank you for reading me. You're the best! But you knew that!

17 Comments:

At 5/19/2007 8:08 AM, Blogger Peter N said...

I lost comments for a little, and I didn't like it. But they're back, and that's why I'm leaving this comment....to myself, I guess. Hi self! I like your blog.....

 
At 5/19/2007 9:20 AM, Blogger Peter N said...

And I was just kidding with my last comment. I just want to be sure the comment ability is OK..I thrie on your comments. I do!!!! And as always, thanks for reading...have a great and happy and healthy weekend, because you're the best! very one of you makes my life so much better. Peter, your blog guy.

 
At 5/19/2007 9:22 AM, Blogger Peter N said...

"Thrive", I meant to say! And "every"......it's early, and my fingers stray! Go Sox for two, one at a time!!!!

 
At 5/19/2007 9:23 AM, Blogger Faithy said...

So do I, ha ha . .

Well all I can say is at least we can still beat the G-Nats.

And today is Preakness here in Baltimore. Let's just hope nothing happens to Street Sense. After Barbaro last year it would be a shame.

 
At 5/19/2007 9:25 AM, Blogger Faithy said...

Well no wonder your typing sucks, you left two comments in the time it took me to write one, LOL

 
At 5/19/2007 9:26 AM, Blogger Peter N said...

Faithy, Barbaro's passing still brings tears to my eyes. Have a great weekend, you are the best, and thanks for reading!!!!! Oh, I guess the comments are OK now, too. Be well, be happy....hi to RGQers!

 
At 5/19/2007 9:28 AM, Blogger Faithy said...

I don't write for RGQ anymore. I still read them, and comment on occasion, but I am no longer the "Freeloader"

I think I made Brucie cry when I left.

 
At 5/19/2007 9:31 AM, Blogger Faithy said...

OK< I was trying to test the HTML and it doesn't seem to work

 
At 5/19/2007 9:31 AM, Blogger Faithy said...

OK< I was trying to test the HTML and it doesn't seem to work

 
At 5/19/2007 9:31 AM, Blogger Faithy said...

and I have NO idea why that posted twice. maybe it isn't working all that well.

 
At 5/19/2007 10:46 AM, Blogger VTek said...

I liked Krasner's reference to the Maytag Repairman. And when they said "We don't need him", it made me think of Roger lol. Life is good for the Sox!

 
At 5/19/2007 10:55 AM, Blogger Peter N said...

Thanks Faithy......Daisuke goes at 1 today! And Carol, well, hi to you too! I left you a comment on the last post too!!!
Both of you, have a wonderful weekend. And Faith, if you want to write a little something here about the O's and a great win by them, just email it to me and I'll paste it into your own post. Hopefully when they beat the beatable Yankees. Peter......

 
At 5/19/2007 10:55 AM, Blogger Peter N said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At 5/19/2007 10:56 AM, Blogger Peter N said...

And I just posted twice, too! hat's why i deleted the comment preceding this one!

 
At 5/19/2007 12:04 PM, Blogger laura said...

I am so mad the game was rained out yesterday - finally I was going to get to watch it (even though it was TBS) and now I will only be able to watch Sunday's game. I was ripped off!

 
At 5/19/2007 12:18 PM, Blogger Peter N said...

Wow Laura! And it looks like game one, weather-wise, will be just fine. But the tarp has yet to be removed..... I'm watching the pre-game on NESN...I'm sorry you don't receive it. And my goodness, we need Daisuke, the Daisuke from last week, for a win in game number one. If you want, and keep this quiet (SSSSHHHHH!), I can run a 400 mile (??) cable to your house so that you can get NESN. But on second thought, well, I might be arrested.
Have a great weekend......I hope we can win the first game, because the nightcap is a TOUGH pitching duel. And thanks as always for reading my sometimes foolish but hopefully entertaining words.
Peter...

 
At 5/19/2007 12:22 PM, Blogger Peter N said...

And right now, as I watch, Laura, the tarp is being removed! It's 12:22pm our time....and how about the Darkman...Hideki Okajima, Oki......maybe he's the best lefthander ever to waltz out of our bullpen. He and Paps, back to back! Have a wonderful Saturday. And as always, thanks for reading!!!!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home