Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Once More....the Yankees And Their New Elderly Pitcher. Were They Foolish? Were They Smart? Or Is Georgie Getting Senile? Maybe All Of The Above?

First of all, I wish George the best as he ages. My Dad developed Alzheimer's when he went into his mid-70s, and I would not wish that on anyone.
The Boston Herald's Gerry Callahan wrote a wonderful article about the ongoing relationship between Roger Clemens and his BELOVED New York Yankees. Here's a little bit of it, and the ENTIRE ARTICLE is yours by clicking on the title of this post. Here you go. GC writes so well!

"And now? Now the Yankees are just kind of pathetic. These days, their game plan seems to be simple. The Boss is old and getting older. They need to win and win now. Do something, anything, everything. They’ve already used five rookie starters, and that didn’t work. Now they’re turning their lonely eyes to a guy who was a rookie two years before Phil Hughes was born. How desperate are they? This is the baseball equivalent of purchasing a mail-order bride from Outer Mongolia."

Peter here...and I must disagree with a couple things. First of all, the Yanks' young and unproven pitchers, kids really, have been great. But I wish Roger no luck at all...his body might break down, but then again, it might not! If anyone can do it at his age, and I hate to say this, he can. But I hope not. And please click on the title of this post. Gerry Callahan wrote something special. He has something to say. So click. For me!!!! And pitcher Roger Clemens was so much a part of my youth. I still have to try hard to hate him. But as I said yesterday, his heart is as black as the pinstripes he so loves. Faithful no more. Yes Roger, I'm talking about you. Thanks for the late 80s...you made me so happy. But now? Now that means nothing. Nada, no mucho, blackness when there should be light. A deep black hole full of no emotions. FULL OF NOTHING! How do you sleep at night?????

Thanks, my readers. YOU ARE THE BEST.

2 Comments:

At 5/08/2007 1:34 PM, Blogger Bosox Fan in Wichita said...

I'm glad the money grubber didn't end up in Boston, although I don't like the possibility of the MFYs getting any help. He might have been more a disruption than a help to our club. I hope when Clemen$ is pitching against the Sox, they hit him like he is Charlie Brown.

 
At 5/08/2007 8:32 PM, Blogger Peter N said...

I agree........but I LIKE Charlie Brown!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home