Saturday, May 05, 2007

Wakes, Papi Power And 'Pen Pals

Tim Wakefield pitched last night with a bad cold, but it didn't show. His knuckleball danced and pranced for 7 shutout innings, and in the top of the 6th Big Papi accounted for the winning run by slamming a low fastball into the upper deck. A rocket, pure and simple. The ball was in the stands before you could say the words Big Papi. Wakefield made that run hold up for his 7 innings. He likes pitching under a roof. From the Courant......

"Wakefield won at the Metrodome for the first time since Aug. 7, 2005. He is 12-4, 4.01 in 23 career games against the Twins and 7-3, 3.95 in 11 starts in the dome.
"I love pitching inside," Wakefield said. "I love pitching here."

We love it too, Tim, although that ugly Dome has been a source of past troubles for the Sox. But not last night. And after Romero and Donnelly held the Twins at bay in the 8th, Paps came in and set them down 1-2-3 in the 9th. Coco Crisp, who has really come around at the plate and in the field, took a home run away from Justin Moreau in that final frame. So, as you can see, this team is running on all cylinders. And with a record of 19-9, ten games over .500 with less than 30 played, the Sox have the best record in baseball. A tough match-up looms for Tavarez today, as he faces the Twins' tough lefty Santana. But he's faced a string of other club's best pitchers so far this year, and come out on top a couple times. The 7PM first pitch is on NESN. Thank you Carol! It is a night game. GO SOX. Oh, and click on the title of this post for more on the game. Thanks.

Oh, I didn't mention a blog that I recommend...the blog's name is Collective Thoughts, and her blog is one of the most SPECTACULAR looking blogs you'll ever see. Click on her link, on my link list. It's on the right side, as you scroll down. And at the very right top here, ABOVE the Top 100 Baseball Box, you can click on a link that is in Japanese, the only one in Japanese (I think, I hope!) You can see my blog translated into that lovely but very confusing language. And YOUR'S TOO. Just click on your link on my list after you clicked the Japanese link, and there you are, in full Japanese glory. RSN lives in Japan, and I do have many readers from that far eastern land, the land that gave us the Darkman, and the soon to be better Daisuke! Red Sox Forever.
Right now, my readers, it sure looks like we are JUST FINE! And I love it...enjoy this wonderful weather (here in the northeast) weekend. WE DESERVE IT!!

19 Comments:

At 5/05/2007 9:14 AM, Blogger Michael Leggett said...

FINALLY, Coco is CRISP-Y.

 
At 5/05/2007 9:45 AM, Blogger Collective Thoughts said...

GO RED SOX!!!!

 
At 5/05/2007 9:51 AM, Blogger Peter N said...

Yay, and hi to both of you.

 
At 5/05/2007 11:10 AM, Blogger VTek said...

Good morning - Isn't it a night game instead of an afternoon?

 
At 5/05/2007 11:54 AM, Blogger Peter N said...

Hi Carol....and I'm thinking that it's a 3:55pm start.....that's what I read in the paper. When we're in that evil (but not last night) dome..it's always daylight. But the paper AND Yahoo says 3:55. Thanks for reading. Peter...I'll check..

 
At 5/05/2007 11:57 AM, Blogger Peter N said...

Carol, you were SO right, and i changed the time in my post. So, thank you!!!

 
At 5/05/2007 11:57 AM, Blogger Peter N said...

My bad.......your greatness....thank you!! I mean that..Peter

 
At 5/05/2007 2:30 PM, Blogger laura said...

Man I wish some of these games would get on ESPN or FOX or something. I need to watch them and my 5-day free trial of MLB.TV ran out this week :(

 
At 5/05/2007 3:21 PM, Blogger KAYLEE said...

lets just win tronight and i will be happy:-)

 
At 5/05/2007 3:23 PM, Blogger Peter N said...

No Sox/Yanks today........boo!

 
At 5/05/2007 3:24 PM, Blogger VTek said...

Any time blog friend!

 
At 5/05/2007 3:26 PM, Blogger Peter N said...

Thanks Carol! I'm on my way out.......but i'll be back before tonight's game.......

 
At 5/05/2007 3:27 PM, Blogger VTek said...

...and since it is a night game, I thought I would kill time by watching the Seattle/Yanks game (starting soon). Both those teams really need to win LOL

 
At 5/05/2007 5:54 PM, Blogger Peter N said...

Just home, and I wish the M's would get a hit (or 9!) Hi K and Carol.....

 
At 5/05/2007 5:59 PM, Blogger Peter N said...

Oh, I forgot to mention...please Tito, start Alex Cora again tonight, and tomorrow, and...and...and.....I'm finished, for now...

 
At 5/05/2007 11:17 PM, Blogger KAYLEE said...

TONIGHTS GAME COULD OF had gone better nice effort by julian though!

 
At 5/06/2007 2:12 AM, Blogger KAYLEE said...

but at least we are still in first place!

 
At 5/06/2007 2:22 AM, Blogger KAYLEE said...

what time is tomorrows game(sunday)?? I keep getting mixed times!

 
At 5/06/2007 7:23 AM, Blogger Peter N said...

Kaylee, Julian outpitched Santana in every way except for that lone run. And Sunday's win...err, I mean game, starts at 2:10 EDT. I forgot if you're 2 or 3 hours behind.......Schill vs. Ponson. I do NOT like Sydney Ponson! Thanks for the comments, everyone!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home