Thursday, June 07, 2007

***FINAL...A ONE HIT Complete Game For The Boston Red Sox Ace Curt Schilling!!!!!***

The Boston Red Sox are keeping intact their lack of lumber...so far. 1-0 SOX. And who knows what will happen. I DO know one thing.....we NEED this win. Stay tuned for either sadness (no no) or euphoria. A huge win it would be...the A's are being stymied by our ace, Mr. Schilling. And he's coming out for the 9th. I don't want to get ahead of myself, or ahead of time itself, so I will meekly blend into the background. For now....2 down in the bottom of the 7th....1-0 good guys. Our guys. Can we just have 7 clean, uncluttered and quick outs? I hope so. The team we love is SO in need of a win. And here we come, and ONLY ONE BATTER has reached base all afternoon against Schill as we leap into the 8th. And that runner was on base because of an error. I do not want to say anything to change the luck. So I won't.
Now everyone, let's wish Curt good luck. Faith, now more than ever. I didn't mention a CERTAIN something, nor will I! Here's a hint, through 7 plus, and more to come.............

Boston IP H R ER BB SO HR ERA
Curt Schilling 7.0 0 0 0 0 4 0 3.58

Oakland IP H R ER BB SO HR ERA
Joe Blanton 7.0 4 1 1 2 2 1 3.61

Holy moley, my goodness, I am riveted.......a few runs would be nice. Maybe I could stop pacing and cut out my unceasing and nervous mutterings that sound something like "GO SOX," hands running through my hair while my eyes glance towards the brilliant bold blue sky. But no such luck. And maybe that's OK!

And now, to the last half of the 8th. I will leave you now......but not for long.........

***UPDATE*** 2 outs in the 8th for the A's. 3 outs! Sweet revenge, or a Schill masterpiece? Or both????

HE HAS ALLOWED ONE BASERUNNER THROUGH 8 INNINGS, and that was because of an error. Schilling comes out for the 9th. It's his game, and our forever memories!

And the Sox win 1-0...a ONE HITTER FOR SCHILL! So close, but chalk up the win!!!!!!!!!!! May I say WOW!!! I just did!! That ONE base hit happened with 2 outs in the 9th. Great job Curt! I love our team!!!!!!!!! Boston Red Sox FOREVER! In MY world, and hopefully yours, too!

11 Comments:

At 6/07/2007 6:22 PM, Blogger Peter N said...

WOW!! I HAD to say that again!!!!!!!!!!!!

 
At 6/07/2007 6:24 PM, Blogger Peter N said...

Did I say WOW????????

 
At 6/07/2007 8:18 PM, Blogger JaySpay said...

Shannon Stewart...he's on the Julian Javier list of infamy for breaking up the no-no. Didn't see it but from what I gathered kudos to Cora for trying to catch the ball on that play!!

Good job, Schill!!

 
At 6/07/2007 9:27 PM, Blogger Faithy said...

I'll say it too. Wow!!!!

and in June no less.

 
At 6/07/2007 10:39 PM, Blogger Olde Town Glory said...

One of the most exciting games of the season for ANY team. Not only did Stewart break up the no-no, but he allowed the winning run to come to the plate in the bottom of the 9th. What a nailbiter.

The Lone Blogger
http://www.independentsox.blogspot.com/

 
At 6/07/2007 10:42 PM, Blogger Julie said...

hey peter, i haven't commented in a while... what's new? i've been sooo busy with school, but starting tomorrow i have final exams and then im done! i can't wait! today was sooo painful to see schill give up that hit after 8.2, but he gave a phenomenal effort and it almost underscored the fact that we won a 1-0 game and salvaged the series.
lets sweep arizona!

 
At 6/08/2007 1:00 AM, Blogger KAYLEE said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At 6/08/2007 1:01 AM, Blogger KAYLEE said...

I am not sure if i am gunna get to comment....tomorrow(friday) I got a busy day but,I just wanted to say today's(thursday) game was fantastic.I was really happy to see Curt do this and end the SOX 4 game losing streak.I am in agreement with julie lets sweep the diamondbacks.I am going to two of the three games(FRIDAYS AND SUNDAYS)I cant wait to see Daisuke pitch live.I also havent seen JOSH BECKETT pitch live(ever) yet.I AM SO EXCITED!

 
At 6/08/2007 6:45 AM, Blogger Peter N said...

Hey Julie! Good luck with exams. And LB, I had no doubts about winning the game itself.....and I'm not sure why. That would have been like a mortal blow for mankind. Or for RSNkind.

 
At 6/11/2007 4:32 PM, Blogger nuts4sox said...

Had to be one of the best games I have been to in a long time!!!

 
At 6/11/2007 4:54 PM, Blogger Peter N said...

N4S...wow..you were there!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home