Friday, June 22, 2007

Red Sox Nation......Red Sox International. We're ALL The Same!

Yes, we're ALL the same....we love the Boston Red Sox. From the USA to the shores of Japan, the love for the Sox knows no bounds. I want to share an email with you that I received from a fellow Red Sox fan and blogger. He lives in Japan, where the number of Red Sox fans grows every day. Here it is, and I'll be back with a comment and a link to his blog.
******************************************************************
Peter-san
Thank you for your email and blog post and LINK!

In Japan, a 5 minute program named "EAST SIDE STORY" is broadcast
every week.
It shows topics about Yankees Red Sox Rivalry
Just a Last night, Jeff Goldberg of the Hartford Courant acclaimed
Dustin Pedroia "Little Giant" in the program.
Mike Timlin was featured last week
and Amalie Benjamin of the Boston Globe talked about Okajima's bullpen
bag before.

Redsox is getting more and more popular in Japan.

YES ! Your RSN is spreading to Our RED SOX INTERNATIONAL.

Go Sox!!
SuperBowl
******************************************************************
Peter here. Thank you Superbowl-san! The Red Sox mean so much to me, and I'm so happy that you too have found what it's like to be a Red Sox fan. I want to say hello to all your blog friends in Japan, and each and every member of Red Sox International. We are all brothers and sisters....forever.

Click on the title of this post for the link to SuperBowl's blog, and look at the banner at the very top. THE DARKMAN LIVES! And he's huge in Japan. And here too, although his nickname hasn't quite caught on as it has in the Far East....NOT YET! Here's the link, or just click on this post's title. http://blog.goo.ne.jp/superbowl/
And to all my readers the world over.....have a great weekend, and GO SOX! The Padres are tough. But as Bruce Springsteen wrote and sang in a song from 1987, the Sox are TOUGHER THAN THE REST!

5 Comments:

At 6/22/2007 7:51 AM, Blogger VTek said...

Peter - I don't think you saw my second comment under 'RSN Japan' - but you need to go to Japan to make a guest appearance LOL

 
At 6/22/2007 8:01 AM, Blogger Peter N said...

Hi Carol....I did read your comment from that previous post...I read EVERYTHING you write!
Do you speak Japanese???? Have a great weekend. I love to share Red Sox love from that baseball-mad country named Japan. It's amazing how Hideki Okajima's "Darkman" nickname has caught on out East. This is a story waiting to be written by a Sox writer from the Herald, Globe or Courant (that's Boston, Boston, and my hometown, Hartford). Thanks! Peter

 
At 6/22/2007 2:17 PM, Blogger Lynsey said...

Peter- sorry I upset you. Yes I suppose had another option- to drop him off at a shelter, tell them he cannot go to a family with kids or other pets, and that he has bitten my friends and father-in-law. Yes, I guess I could've let him sit there until they put him down themselves. We gave that dog a very, very luxurious life for 2.5 years despite all that. You weren't there, standing in our kitchen as I held my newborn, watching my husband hold the dog back by his choke collar. It was very scary for ALL of us. I won't apologize for doing the best by him for as long as I did, and for choosing to at least be there in his final moments, as the person who loved him the most in this world.

 
At 6/22/2007 4:27 PM, Blogger Michael Leggett said...

Now, if Only some of RSN Boston, would stop Questioning RSN-NYC about our loyalty, it would even be better, especially for us Brooklyn Born Guys.

 
At 6/22/2007 5:06 PM, Blogger Peter N said...

Hi Lynsey....I had to skim through your reply because I'm still so sad over a loss in my world, too. I was out of line....it just seemed so unlike you.....that's always the last option for me. I'm sorry.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home