Tuesday, June 05, 2007

Walk Off Woes, But A Rain Check Is Needed

The exhausted Boston Red Sox team arrived in California in the wee hours of the morning after their last battle with the New York Yankees ended Sunday night. And after a valiant attempt to start this Western road trip off with a win, Kyle Snyder allowed a walk-off home run to Eric Chavez in the 11th inning, and that ended it. 2 straight losses.....they've never had 3 losses in a row this year, and Daisuke Matsuzaka will try to prevent exactly that tonight. I was not able to watch the game, as is the case with many of these West coast contests, so I'm going to link the Boston Herald's account of the game for you to read. Just click on the title of this very post for all the game details. Your rain checks will be valid for any of my upcoming game summaries. And I'll be back a little later on this grey Tuesday with something for you. Promise.

10 Comments:

At 6/05/2007 6:54 AM, Blogger VTek said...

Wow, I didn't make it to watch 9 innings, never mind 11! I was bummed to hear that they lost this morning. Hope Dice changes things tonight!

 
At 6/05/2007 7:06 AM, Blogger Peter N said...

I hope so too, and to tell you the truth, I was fast asleep by 9:30. When I wake up at 5:30, as I did yesterday, it's easy! Good morning to you !

 
At 6/05/2007 12:45 PM, Blogger Bosox Fan in Wichita said...

I'm the night owl ... I saw the final score on the web at 2:15 am, your time cuz I'm an hour closer to the left coast. It was too bad after the team came back to tie it and the pen was holding. It was kind of a patchwork lineup last night. I think they're due to break out the lumber. We need for Daisuke to get back on track; and get the team back on track.

 
At 6/05/2007 4:47 PM, Blogger Peter N said...

And tonight, I'll miss the second half again, as is the case for every game starting at 10pm or later. I just can't do it!

 
At 6/05/2007 4:56 PM, Blogger nuts4sox said...

I live in San Jose now so I get to watch the night games, going to see my beloved Red Sox on Thursday. They played better than I thought they would after a long trip. Well, tonight should be different. GO SOX!!!

 
At 6/06/2007 7:19 AM, Blogger Peter N said...

Nuts4Sox, thanks for the great comment. And Daisuke lived up and did his share. The bats were silent as a tomb with the name "Doubleplay" inscripted on its granite stone.
Hey. Come back! And thanks for reading me.

 
At 6/06/2007 7:23 AM, Blogger Peter N said...

N4S.....have fun Thursday...I hope yur appearance at the game Thursday will be after our Sox beat the A's tonight (Wed.). And you'll see Schill, and he has something to prove to his fans (that's us). He's been so up and down this year......we need an up Thursday.
Hey, stop back here...I love it that somehow you found my blog. Meet the commenting gang. Peter

 
At 6/06/2007 9:51 AM, Blogger Bosox Fan in Wichita said...

Yea N4S! I drive up to KC when the Sox are in town and I have plenty of company with thousands of Sox fans. I'm sure you will have lots of fellow Red Sox fans at your game tomorrow night. Have a great time and bring'em a victory!

 
At 6/06/2007 2:25 PM, Blogger nuts4sox said...

Peter, I believe I found your blog on Red Sox Chick, she's a howl. Plenty on fans out this way, it has a slight Fenway feeling, but not quite the same. I sure do miss Boston. I'm keeping my fingers and toes crossed for the next two games, we need a win in a bad way. Major pet peeve, bases loaded with no outs and then...

 
At 6/06/2007 5:16 PM, Blogger Peter N said...

RSC is THE best! And I'm glad you found me here....Peter

 

Post a Comment

<< Home