Friday, July 13, 2007

Doc Takes A Halladay

I think the Red Sox have Roy Halladay's number. Is he tipping his pitches and are the Red Sox the only team who has figured it out? I don't know, but half of the big guy's losses have come against the Boston club. Last night the Sox were powered by none other than Big Papi and Manny Ramirez. They combined for 5 hits and 5 RBIs. Just like the good old days! Timmy Wakefield was good enough, collecting his 10th win while allowing 4 runs and 9 hits in 6 innings. He walked no one. But the Sox did have a scare. A Big Papi scare in the 8th inning. David fouled a pitch off his ailing right knee, and while I watched, hands to my mouth, he bent down at the plate for a couple minutes, clearly in pain, as Tito and the trainer rushed out. But he stayed in, and we all have to hope he'll be OK today. Because when he and Manny start to hit, and they will, the club will be in so much better shape. Julio Lugo continued his pre-All Star Game hot streak, going 2 for 4.

So all in all, it was a fine way to start the second half. With the Yankees winning, we're 10 games up on them and 11 better than the Jays. The Yankees have three more down in Tampa Bay coming up, and you have to think they'll win two of them, if not all three. So these upcoming games are important. Julian Tavarez goes tonight, hoping to rebound from his disasterous last start. Then it will be Daisuke and Josh Baseball. So if we can grab a win tonight............

Click on the title for an article written by Gordon Edes of the Boston Globe, all about the aforementioned Daisuke Matsuzaka. I enjoyed it immensely. And here's the latest on Curt Schilling....

"Manager Terry Francona said Curt Schilling will throw a 30-35 pitch side session today. Schilling was placed on the disabled list retroactive to June 19 with tendinitis in his right shoulder, but this is another benchmark in his rehab program.
"He's doing real well, doing how he hoped," Francona said. "The ball came out of his hand good the last couple days he's thrown. I'm kind of excited to see him get up on the mound. That's the next big step."

Peter here, and it will be great to see the big guy back on the mound, hitting his spots and hitting them with velocity. As the beloved and much missed Ned Martin used to say, "Oh Mercy!!" Happy Friday the 13th, where good luck and good fortune will abound tonight at Fenway Park, and for all of you, my faithful readers. Just a feeling. That's all.........

10 Comments:

At 7/13/2007 7:38 AM, Blogger Carol Rally said...

Good Friday morning - The situation with Big Papi is getting nail-biting, but I'm liking the 10/11 lead. And your links are looking better (thanks)! Watch out for black cats ;)

 
At 7/13/2007 7:51 AM, Blogger Peter N said...

I thought you said they were a mess....I did add yours! And alphabetical order? Nope.....can't do it. Thanks C, for reading...your link should be just fine, and near the top. After 30 minutes, it was STILL worth it! That's what blog friends are for...as long as we're both Sox fans. And we are!

 
At 7/13/2007 7:53 AM, Blogger Peter N said...

I feel like I just climbed Everest after trying to change my template. Summited, too! I'll stay on the ground. Enjoy your weekend...you're the best. P

 
At 7/13/2007 8:41 AM, Blogger Carol Rally said...

I said that they were "looking better" (not perfect)- LOL I guess it's a good thing that I'm not a fan of the evil empire (just kidding). Have a great weekend Peter!

 
At 7/13/2007 8:44 AM, Blogger Peter N said...

And you, too!

 
At 7/13/2007 11:28 AM, Blogger Sam said...

I saw THE best bumper sticker on the way to work the other day it said I only root for two teams the RedSox and the team that beats the Yankees! LOVED IT!!!!!

 
At 7/13/2007 5:48 PM, Blogger KAYLEE said...

io am going for the open heart surgery!!!!!!!!! dont know when yet:P

 
At 7/13/2007 5:48 PM, Blogger KAYLEE said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At 7/14/2007 4:06 AM, Blogger KAYLEE said...

BUT I AM really scared about it!!!

 
At 7/14/2007 6:59 AM, Blogger Peter N said...

Sam, a classic!!!!
KAYLEE...I just read your comment. Please let me (us) know when. If you're scared, which is perfectly normal, come to one of your favorite blogs and talk. I wish you the best, I say a prayer for you every night before bed, and I know everything will be OK. I just KNOW it. And sometimes I know things before they happen!!!! A little scary, knowing stuff before it happens. Your blog friend Peter. Please stay in touch...you can comment here or leave me an email thru my profile. Be well, be happy, and know that all your friends in blogland are thinking of you. Always. Peter

 

Post a Comment

<< Home