Monday, July 16, 2007

News.....

From RED REPORTER's blog, all about that team from Cincinnati........the team that broke my heart in the summer of 1975. And in that second week of June, 1975. Steven Spielberg thrilled us all, and DARED us to go into the water. The movie was JAWS, a movie experience I will never forget for the rest of my life. I saw it on opening afternoon in Hartford, and at its premiere on the wonderful island of St. Croix. And I DID go into the water, the very next day, swimming on the USVI reefs. Maybe looking (a little) for predaters, but enjoying the soothing coolness and ice green but warm waters. Oh, here's that Cinci. blurb, although I doubt it could ever come true...but we never know!

"Talk is getting stronger among scouts that the Reds might deal Bronson Arroyo. Wonder if the Red Sox will offer Wily Mo Peña."

Peter here...short but sweet, and a straight up WMP for Bronson trade would be too good to be true. It will never happen, unless.........well, it's best unsaid.

6 Comments:

At 7/16/2007 10:21 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Peter, Bronson Arroyo stinks. He's on pace to lose about 18 games this year. If we're going to trade Wily Mo-which I'm all for-let's get some value for him.

 
At 7/16/2007 12:34 PM, Blogger Suldog said...

What else could we possibly get for Wily Mo? I mean, who else is going to want him?

 
At 7/16/2007 1:06 PM, Blogger Peter N said...

Hi MCW...WMP is WORTHLESS! Just my opinion. Charlie Bown, or maybe Linus with a glove would be better!
Sul, I was thinking out loud when I wrote that, but I just want him G O N E !
Thanks for reading...I really don't like someone who looks so clueless at the plate and even MORE SO in the outfield.

 
At 7/16/2007 9:06 PM, Blogger Carol Rally said...

Right Peter - Some things are better left unsaid...

Also, I went to Jawsfest on Martha's Vineyard a couple of years back. It was my first time on MV; I like Nantucket better.

Good game tonight!

 
At 7/16/2007 9:44 PM, Blogger Peter N said...

Great game indeed...start to finish. KG is a keeper! Schill in? Tavy out.....

 
At 7/18/2007 12:13 AM, Blogger Michael Leggett said...

& 1 Remnant of the '75 World Series, BLATHERS ON ESPN:

Morgan

 

Post a Comment

<< Home