Thursday, November 22, 2007

A Day To Give Thanks

GOBBLE GOBBLE GOBBLE......those were the first words I heard this morning upon awakening. My pet turkey Bernie was hungry, and I was running late and hadn't fed him his kibble yet. I know having a turkey as an in-house pet is a little strange, and that's why I've kept it a secret while writing here and commenting on your various Sox blogs. He's a joy. Since my whole family is out of the country for the holiday (they tried to go as far as they could), it's just Bernie and me. What an odd twosome, but we're great together. Separate us, and things are pretty much normal. But together, in one place? WOW, magic happens! That's EXACTLY what they said about the Beatles and the recording studio. Apart, OK. But put the four of them together? MAGIC!

Happy Thanksgiving to all who had the pleasure (or pain) of reading this post, and enjoy the long weekend while you eat to your heart's delight. When Red Sox magic happens, this is the place to be.
So for Bernie and me, have a happy and healthy Thanksgiving, wherever you are.

Hi. This is Peter on this Thanksgiving morning of 2007. The preceding bit of humor was from my Thanksgiving post written in November of 2005. I just spruced it up a little. Talk about being lazy. But my wishes are the same. Bernie is fine. I am too. I needed to thank you for the wonderful year it's been here in blogland. I couldn't have done it without you. And the Red Sox did it all! May the coming year be full of hope and health and happiness to each and every one of you. Forever. Be well, be safe and be happy!

2 Comments:

At 11/22/2007 9:22 AM, Blogger Lynsey said...

I hope you're not really all alone today! :-(
Give Bernie a kiss!

 
At 11/22/2007 10:49 AM, Blogger Peter N said...

I was last year...this year will be with my whole family. Thanks Lynsey! You're the best...Bernie says hi!!!!!! Or gobble. It's hard to tell the difference.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home