Wednesday, December 12, 2007

A&E's Boston Red Sox 2007 World Series Collector's Edition DVD Set Review

The UPS driver knocked on my door yesterday with a real treat! It's the A&E Red Sox 8 disc DVD Collector's Edition of the 2007 World Series. I have been able to watch parts of all the discs....to watch the whole set would take so many hours and would delay this very review. And that's something I did not want to do. Here's what the beautiful boxed set contains.....

Games 5, 6 and 7, in their entirety, of the American League Championship Series between the Cleveland Indians and the Boston Red Sox, each game on their very own disc, with every fact about each game peppering the individual cases. The same treatment continues for all four games of the Red Sox-Rockies World Series. That's seven games on seven discs. Each features a stunningly crisp and clean 16 x 9 widescreen picture (I watched them on an HDTV, with a DVD player ramped up to 1080i, and they looked great! But they will look great on ANY TV and ANY DVD player...promise) and wonderful sound. And there is an eighth disc of bonus features that includes the clubhouse celebration, the trophy and MVP presentation, Manny's ALDS game 2 walk-off home run and the last out of Clay Buchholz' no hitter. And that's naming just a few of the wonderful bonus features. The total running time of this boxed set is (get this!) 20 hours and 5 minutes. What a Christmas present for that baseball fan loved one, or just for yourself! When you click on the title of this post, you will be directed to the A&E ordering page, and I'm sure you can handle it from there. I want to thank Janice Cupice of A&E television for giving me the chance to review this one-of-a-kind boxed set, and for sending it to me in the first place. Thank you so very much, Janice.

My readers, I would not steer you wrong. And the price is discounted for the holidays, too!! 20 plus hours of greatness for less than $56.00. WOW! Are you suffering from Red Sox withdrawal like I WAS? Are you looking for that perfect XMAS or Chanukah gift? Click on the title....you'll be very happy. I know I am!!! ENJOY!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home