Monday, December 24, 2007

Papi On Johan...Roger On HIMSELF......

Good Monday morning, Christmas Eve Day. I guess it's nice that Christmas falls on a Tuesday, because those last minute shoppers who haven't completed their gift lists have the entire day today to catch up and morph into Santa Claus tomorrow.

Yesterday, Big Papi David Ortiz sounded off on the chances of his good friend Johan Santana being traded to our team from Minnesota. This is part of what he had to say, from the Herald of Boston....

“No,” Ortiz said when asked if he thought his good friend, Santana, would be traded to the Red Sox. “I was (following it) for a minute, but I guess they stopped. They don’t want him to go. (Minnesota) already gave Boston too many good things already. Me, and now Santana? No way.”
While Ortiz’ belief that the left-hander won’t be coming to the Red Sox might serve as coal in the stockings of many New Englanders, the idea of missing out on the former Cy Young Award winner doesn’t thrill the Sox slugger, either. The two have remained close since they first played together with Minnesota in 2000, and Ortiz still carries pictures of Santana’s children on his cell phone.
“Hell yeah,” Ortiz said when asked if he was excited at the prospect of calling Santana a teammate again. “What do you think? That’s a whole lot less trouble for me.”

Peter here, and all I can say is this...if the proposed but still iffy trade with the Twinkies does NOT include Jacoby Ellsbury's name, I hope it happens! But Papi knows what's going on, and I take what he has to say with a grain of salt. I've already said and written all that a person can on this subject...it's just a matter of waiting until something, or an official nothing, happens. I can wait.

Next up, a quick quote from that overweight cheater Roger Clemens, borrowed from the Boston Globe. He speaks of his upcoming interview, soon to be taped, for the CBS show 60 MINUTES. The interviewer is said to be Mike Wallace, which means one thing to me....no Katie Couric powder puff questions. Nail him, Mike, just as you've been doing for the last 50 plus years. Here's a bit of what the "once-Rocket" had to say....

"Let me be clear, the answer is no. I did not use steroids, or human growth hormone and I've never done so," Clemens said. "I did not provide Brian McNamee with any drugs to inject in to my body. Brian McNamee did not inject steroids or human growth hormones into my body either when I played in Toronto for the Blue Jays or the New York Yankees. This report is simply not true." While Clemens has released a written and video statement since Mitchell issued his report Dec. 13, he has not answered questions. "After Christmas, I'm going to sit down with Mike Wallace of '60 Minutes,' and I'll do an interview, and he'll ask me a ton of questions on this subject, and I'll answer them right there in front of him, and we'll do all of this again," Clemens said."

Peter here...yeah, sure Roger. That's all I have to say on this matter right now. But if I may, I'd like to say this to Mike Wallace....GO GET 'EM, MIKE!! Nail him!!! My Constant Readers, don't get me wrong....I do NOT want a witch hunt, or anything close to that. I JUST WANT THE TRUTH. THE PLAIN AND SIMPLE TRUTH.

To all of my readers, every single one of you, whether you are from the United States or from anywhere across this huge world of ours, have a wonderful, happy, healthy and joyous Christmas. It's Christmas Eve Day today, and the faint echos of jingling bells, reindeer snorts and ho-ho-ho's can ALMOST be heard. SSHHH, just use your imagination. Turn down the sound, and listen. You see?? He's there....miles and miles away but ready to spread joy throughout this land of ours. Be well and be safe...forever. And MERRY CHRISTMAS!!! Oh, and click on the title of this post for the entire Big Papi Boston Herald article.

3 Comments:

At 12/25/2007 12:35 AM, Blogger Chris Barrows said...

The Red Sox might not get Santana, but I think much of if and when a trade like this happens will still depend on if the Yankees show interest.

I don't see the Yankees offering up Hughes and Kennedy in a package along side the Melkman. Even if they did, I can imagine the twins still would want a fourth man...possibly giving the Red Sox the advantage there.

By the way, I'm trying to add a few alternate perspectives over at my blog, aka, the Red Sox perspective. If you're interested, I'd love to cross link and give you a shout out there.

 
At 12/25/2007 6:03 AM, Blogger Peter N said...

Chris, that would be great! Just send me your link and I'll post it on my link list. You can either email it to me (thru my profile) or just leave the link and the correct title right here. Merry merry!

 
At 12/25/2007 11:22 AM, Blogger Chris Barrows said...

www.pinstripedscranton.blogspot.com

Merry Christmas to you too and thanks again.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home