Monday, December 03, 2007

Pettitte To Return To The New York Yankees For 2008

Yes, the Yankees DO have a number one starter, a lefty named Andy Pettitte....this is from the Boston Globe....

"With agent Randy Hendricks indicating this morning that Andy Pettitte will pitch for the Yankees again in 2008, it suddenly makes the Yankees' position on Johan Santana a little bit stronger than yesterday.
While the Yankees are still in desperate need of a No. 1 starter, they can stick to their guns on their package for Santana."

Peter here...that's good news for the Yankees, but the Johan Santana mess still looms large for both teams, as I hope you read in my previous post. Thanks to each and every one of you for stopping by. It makes me so happy. And needed. And that's a wonderful thing. The entire Globe article is available when you click on the title.

Oh, I've NEVER appreciated electricity more than I do RIGHT NOW! It went down to 55 degrees F. before the power returned! Brrrr.....

5 Comments:

At 12/03/2007 12:30 PM, Blogger Ian said...

It's going to be interesting what happens today now with the Santana sweepstakes.

I was lucky that it never really got too icy down here last night. When I went to bed at 12 it was up into the 40's and raining.

 
At 12/03/2007 1:27 PM, Blogger Peter N said...

I know, Ian, it's a mess. And I'm not just talking about the weather, with the temps holding just under 32......things are going to happen fast and furiously in Nashville. My goodness, I'd hate to lose Jacoby.....I never thought he'd be included in this stuff! And 40 degrees sounds nice...it's still ice all over up here. And then...the wind and plummeting temps. For you, too. Thanks! Pete

 
At 12/03/2007 1:58 PM, Blogger Bosox Fan in Wichita said...

Maybe frustration and impatience will prevail with the Yankees and Hank, Hal and Little Joe will pull their offer off the table. Then the World Champions can lower the ante and take Jacoby out of the mix.

 
At 12/03/2007 2:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Then the World Champions can lower the ante and take Jacoby out of the mix."

Nah, as soon as that happens the Yankees swarm back in. Count on it.

 
At 12/03/2007 2:59 PM, Blogger Peter N said...

BFW....I don't know about that..the Twinkies might pounce.
Hi MCW! I like to be more optimistic, but we never know...I do not like this whole Johan thing!!
Thanks, both of you......

 

Post a Comment

<< Home