Thursday, December 13, 2007

Schilling And Pettitte On Johan Santana

In an interview on WEEI radio, where he has been known to voice his opinion, Curt Schilling had some good things to say about the prospect of Johan Santana wearing a Red Sox uniform in 2008. Here is a little bit of it.....

"I just know that once you leave the winter meetings, things don't go on the same schedule," Schilling said, "but I really think it's going to happen."
Schilling talked about what the Red Sox rotation would be like with Santana in the mix.
"That just seems to me to be a potentially unfair setup, in a really cool way," Schilling said of a potential fantasy rotation of Josh Beckett, Santana, Schilling, Daisuke Matsuzaka and one of Tim Wakefield, Jon Lester, or Clay Buchholz.
He joked, "I'm looking at being a spot-starter No. 5 guy, which I'm entirely OK with because I see us having trouble not winning 120 games."

I'll take 100, Curt! And Andy Pettitte of the New York Yankees had this to say about HIS team and the Minnesota lefty....

"If you add one of those guys (Santana or Haren), that would be great. I mean, they both have unbelievable arms and they’re unbelievable pitchers," Pettitte said Wednesday. "But to say that we need that to be successful, that’s going to be hard for me to sit there and say, because I think that we have the talent to be able to contend."

OK Andy, but remember this...you can never have enough pitching. The baseball season is a long and ardous one, and injuries can take their toll. We'll see what 2008 brings to the rival Yankees and Red Sox soon enough. And I can't wait!

In non-baseball news, we're expecting 8 or 10 inches of snow here in interior Connecticut from a storm that is racing west to east and right now is in western Pennsylvania. It will be cold enough to stay ALL snow here too, and with about a half inch of liquid precipitation, it will drop a light and fluffy snow that, once it starts, will accumulate at a rate of up to an inch and a half to two inches per hour. It will start turning white outside around 11 AM, and it will all be over by 10 or 11 PM. A hard hitting and quick duration storm is pretty much guaranteed. Most schools have decided to go to half day schedules or just remain closed....already! And that's just part one of a double-barreled punch in the meteorological gut...this weekend will prove to be verrrry interesting! Have a great Thursday, and I'll be back when the first flakes start to fall. The live radar picture loop out of Albany, New York is available when you click on the title of this post. Later on, I'll change it to the Brookhaven, LI, NY loop. Be safe, be well. And be happy.

2 Comments:

At 12/13/2007 2:51 PM, Blogger Bosox Fan in Wichita said...

Andy Pettitte's clean living is "unbelievable", too.

 
At 12/14/2007 6:40 AM, Blogger Peter N said...

I wrote my Friday post about the Mitchell Report...I'd love to read and respond to your thoughts. I think I "did good!" Let me know.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home