Thursday, December 20, 2007

Schilling Speaks (Again!)

Curt Schilling yesterday was loquacious as always, and his subject this time? None other than seven time Cy Young Award winner Roger Clemens and his recent denial of using any type of PEDs (performance enhancing drugs). Here's a bit of what he had to say. Anything in parenthesis are my words, and mine alone.....

"Now I, like every other Yankee/Clemens fan, am faced with a dilemma. The two men that fingered multiple players, from my understanding, they both testified with immunity, but only if they told the truth (!!!!). So these guys had every reason in the world to NOT lie. (BINGO!) That doesn’t mean they didn’t, but there is an immense amount of incentive for them to not lie when they gave their depositions because lying would have seen them open to legal actions beyond what they are already facing.
“So the question to me then becomes this. It’s no mystery that Roger and Andy are as close as any two teammates I know of. Andy makes no bones about Roger's influence in his career. Their personal trainer, the trainer Roger took to Toronto, then to NY, has admitted to administering PED’s (performance-enhancing drugs) to both men. Andy has admitted he did, and that it was a mistake and he never did it again. Roger has denied every allegation brought to the table (of course he has!). So as a fan, my thought is that Roger will find a way in short order to organize a legal team to guarantee a retraction of the allegations made, a public apology is made, and his name is completely cleared. If he doesn’t do that, then there aren’t many options as a fan for me other than to believe his career 192 wins and 3 Cy Youngs he won prior to 1997 were the end." (AMEN...well said, Curt. Sock it to 'em! Wait...where'd THAT come from? Rowan and Martin's LAUGH-IN??)

Peter here, and I'm sorry...I couldn't resist the lure of leaving my thoughts, inside the brackets, when the need(s) struck me. I'm a guy of many words, but when something hits me, hits me right between the eyes, and that "something" stinks foul and unfair and just plain old nasty, well, I HAVE TO PUT MY TWO CENTS IN!

Enjoy your Thursday, as it has become two days and counting before the four day Christmas weekend commences. We have our Christmas party at work starting at noon on Friday, and everyone manages to have a great time while keeping one eye on the clock, maybe to duck out after an hour or so and beat the holiday traffic rush that is sure to develop, not only because it will be a Friday but, even better, the start of a long and wonderful weekend. I wish you all well, and thanks for stopping in again. You make me so happy. I'm just now writing another Thursday morning post, this one with something more "urgent" in nature. About our club's future. So read on!! Be well.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home