Monday, January 14, 2008

Angry Baseball Fan Sues Yankees Because Of PEDs, Claiming Consumer Fraud!

Good Monday morning. I came across a story from the website of the Press Association. Here is a bit of it, and I'll be back after you check it out...

"A long-time baseball fan is suing the New York Yankees over some players' reported use of performance-enhancing drugs, saying he wants repayment for 221 US dollars (£112) in tickets and a public response from his once-beloved team.
"I look at it almost as consumer fraud," said Matthew Mitchell, 30, a Brooklyn resident who said he went to his first game at Yankee Stadium in 1984. "If I'm going to watch a baseball game, then I expect it to be the real thing."
The Yankees declined to comment."

Peter here, and if the Yankees DID have a comment, I have no idea what it would be! But it will cost him far more than the $212.00 in legal fees if he goes through with the proceedings, but that is his legal right. I double checked to make sure this was a real news story and not a goof, and I found a report from ABC news that verifies it. I have linked that report...all you have to do is click on the title of this post. I have to say it's a "must read."

Winter Storm Christopher turned into a moist monster rather than a heavy snow-dumper. It's still snowing, but with the temperature hovering around the freezing mark, the snow is moist and water-laden. Four inches of this slick precipitation would equal about ten inches of the fluffy dry kind of flakes. The white stuff is sticking to every branch and power line, and when it starts getting light, it should be a beautiful sight. But the power has already gone off twice, once when I was in the shower. Needless to say, it went completely BLACK. But the interruptions were only a minute or so each, and I hope I can get this post up before it happens again, if it does. I hope it won't...there's absolutely NOTHING to do without power except for cracking open that book that I'm halfway through...by flashlight. So I have my fingers crossed.

Congrats go out to the Giants and the Chargers, both teams pulling off upsets yesterday. So it will be the Chargers at the Patriots and the Giants up north at Green Bay. Oh, what a Sunday it shall be! Remember to click on this post's title for that ABC news report, and as always, BE WELL.

2 Comments:

At 1/14/2008 5:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Let's say for the sake of conversation that this suit goes for the plaintiff. What kind of trend would that set hmm? And where would it stop? The whole sham with the Yankees being the predominant team listed (at least in THIS report), could hurt the sales of tickets in their new stadium. Things would not be right in Yankee land if that were to happen. Great blog man...as usual, it stirred the ole gray matter.

 
At 1/15/2008 7:56 AM, Blogger Peter N said...

Hello Wayne, and I have no idea how to answer your question. But this "suit" has certainly been well-publicized, hasn't it?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home