Monday, January 07, 2008

TICK TICK TICK....

I hope you had a chance to see the Mike Wallace 60 Minutes interview of Roger Clemens. I did, although the phone interupted me for an important long distance phone call right as it began. So I missed a little, but there was a report this morning from Front Row Sports Report dot com that listed the key points. Here are most of them, with my comments in brackets. And then I'll leave you with a few more...

"Clemens is very angry and upset he is not getting the respect he thinks he deserves. (AWWW)
He got to where he was and played for so long through hard-work - that’s it. (TELL IT TO CONGRESS)
Clemens looked visibly uncomfortable at various points in the interview. (HE DID!)
Clemens denies everything that McNamee said. (OF COURSE HE DID!!)
Steroids are a “quick fix” and why did his body not break down after his alleged use. (ROCKET, YOUR INJURIES MOUNTED AND MULTIPLIED LATE IN YOUR CAREER, ESPECIALLY LAST YEAR)
Clemens was completely shocked to learn about Andy Pettitte’s involvement with steroids. (WHAT ELSE COULD HE HAVE SAID?)
Clemens would say the same things to Congress that he said during his 60 Minutes interview. (AND I CAN'T WAIT!)
Clemens would take a lie detector test…even though he doesn’t know if they are good or bad. (AHEM, I PLEAD THE 5TH)
Clemens is probably retiring..maybe. (AFTER HIS '07 YANKEE MINI-SEASON, WHO COULD BLAME HIM?)"

Peter here. First of all, I recommend that web site, and the full article will be linked to this post's title. My thoughts about the Wallace interview? Ok...Clemens seemed indignant and outraged at times, and visibly recoiled when Mike mentioned the lie detector test. He said his "counsel" advised him NOT to appear before the Mitchell inquiry board, and he never did, claiming he had no idea that MacNamee would implicate him. He probably didn't, by the way, but I doubt that he would have appeared in the first place. To me, a sports fan and observer/blog writer, he was hiding something, and if he DOES appear before the Congressional hearings to come, I'd be more than a little surprised.

I hope every one of you had a wonderful weekend, the first of the new year. I linked the entire Front Row Sports dot com article...just click on the title of this post, but most of the high points are right here for you. Enjoy the week, and I'll be back before you know it. Thanks for stopping in yet again. BE WELL.

7 Comments:

At 1/07/2008 10:48 AM, Blogger gingerly said...

Peter,

I thought he'd be a better liar. He did NOT look like he was telling the truth. But you know, I just wish it would all go away. It's too painful to watch. I'd much rather watch Clemens lose on the field rather than in an interview or before Congress. It's not the same fun at all.

Keith

 
At 1/07/2008 11:30 AM, Blogger BklynSoxFan said...

I disagree, Keith. I love the fact Clemens is made to squirm before the whole world. He's getting his comuppence for all the BS he's pulled over the years.

A friend of mine has this idea for a t-shirt:

"Dan Duquette Was Right."

 
At 1/07/2008 12:06 PM, Blogger Peter N said...

Wow, great comments guys!

Keith, he was uncomfortable..that was easy to see! And Q, you and I do NOT like that person (Roger), and I'm not talking about Mike Wallace. My goodness, at the age of 89 I hope we ALL look and think that great....thanks! BOTH OF YOU!

CBS scored big in the ratings....way big.

 
At 1/07/2008 5:50 PM, Blogger Maxwell Horse said...

I think it would be funny if the stuff in parenthesis weren't your interjections, but rather stuff Mike Wallace muttered under his breath.

 
At 1/07/2008 6:21 PM, Blogger Peter N said...

MH...I think I'll take that as a compliment! I KNOW I will...thank you...Peter

 
At 1/07/2008 9:59 PM, Blogger Michael Leggett said...

Peter?

My latest Roger Clemens Joke is up;

It may be long but it's a goodie from 2000;

Mike

 
At 1/08/2008 7:12 AM, Blogger Peter N said...

Mike, it's Tuesday morning, one week exactly into 2008....I'm going to your place right now! Thank you for reading.....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home