Tuesday, February 05, 2008

Fox Super Bowl Ratings...THROUGH THE ROOF! To The Delight Of The Fox Network

Hello again on this Tuesday very wet morning. Nope, no snow...but I'm sure those two expected snowstorms (expected by me!) before the strength of the sun overpowers everything WILL happen. Mark my words! I just saw this WPRI dot com article about the "through the roof' ratings for the Super Bowl. Take a peek...

"The New York Giants win over the New England Patriots was the most-watched Super Bowl ever, with 97.5 million viewers.
Nielsen Media Research says the game eclipsed the previous record of 94.08 million, set when Dallas faced Pittsburgh in 1996.
More people watched Sunday night's game than all but one American television broadcast ever-the "M-A-S-H" finale in 1983, which was seen by 106 million viewers.
The game had almost all the ingredients Fox could have hoped for: a tight contest with an exciting finish involving a team that tried and failed to make history as the NFL's first unbeaten team since 1972."

Peter here. I just wanted to let you know about those super magically delicious numbers. Wow! I wish the ending of the game could have been different, but the Giants deserved that win.

I hope everyone out there will vote today if a primary is scheduled in your state. I already did, but I had to vote between the 2 Republican candidates, one of whom was a "no-show" in the Northeast. This coming November, I know ONE thing...I'll be voting Democratic, and NOT for Hillary. But that's still nine months away. EXACTLY! Much can change by then, and it probably will. Have a great Tuesday.

Click on the title of this post for the entire WPRI news flash. Thanks for stopping by yet again.

3 Comments:

At 2/05/2008 11:09 PM, Blogger redsox.njdevils said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At 2/05/2008 11:13 PM, Blogger redsox.njdevils said...

Oops, I accidentally deleted my comment (sorry!). So here it is again:

It's pretty cool that a New England v. New York game was the most-watched Super Bowl, but, as you said, it would have been much cooler if the Pats won. :)


This is a little off-topic, but have you heard of the possible locations for next years' NHL Winter Classic? This year they played the first regular-season outdoor NHL game in the U.S (Penguins v. Sabres at the Buffalo Bill's stadium filled with ice on New Year's Day), and it had insanely high ratings, especially for a hockey game.

Well, because it was so successful, they want to do it again, and two of the top prospects for the arena are Yankee Stadium and Shea Stadium, which both have their final season this year. At either place, it would be a Rangers v. Islanders game, which is always a good game no matter where it's at.

I don't know about you, but I think that would be really, really cool. I guess some people will say that it's not really in the "baseball spirit" to do that, but I think it would be awesome to have a hockey game as the last game at one of those stadiums.

 
At 2/06/2008 5:58 AM, Blogger Peter N said...

Outdoor hockey is so great, Brittany. If I or any of my readers hear of anything, I'm sure they'll post it in a comment section, and I'll send it to you.
95 million viewers...wow!! Who'da thunk?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home