Friday, February 08, 2008

A Little Manny? Why Not?

The following is from baseball prospectus dot com....I'll be back after you read this...

"The idea of Manny Ramirez working out shouldn't be funny. All the guy has ever done is hit, but the "Manny Being Manny" stories have gone from funny anecdotes to the kind of thing that obscures his talent. Ramirez has played for two seasons with the same kind of knee problem that held David Ortiz back; he just hasn't talked about it. That's no slight against Ortiz, who's just a bit more gregarious than Ramirez is. The thing is, with Ramirez spending the winter in Arizona with workout guru Mark Verstegen, I can't even guess what the effect on Ramirez will be. My guess is that Ramirez is finally noticing that he's losing a bit to age and has decided that physical conditioning will slow that. As with all things Manny, this should be interesting to watch."

Peter here, and the news is NOT all Schill all the time. Manny will be back in 2008 bigtime..mark my words. And yes, we need him! I'll be back in the morning with more Soxy stuff. Have a great night!

2 Comments:

At 2/08/2008 8:26 PM, Blogger Peter N said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At 2/09/2008 1:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Peter...I agree with you on this one, wholeheartedly. It bums me out that my prognostication on Schill is likely to be off by a lot. :-(

 

Post a Comment

<< Home