Saturday, February 23, 2008

Manny & Boras?? It Looks That Way!

This is from Friday evening's SI dot com site. I hope it doesn't portend any future problems...in fact, I'm not worried about that one little bit. The Red Sox hold ALL the cards when it comes to the future of "Boston Mannyball." I'll be back with a comment or two after you read this...

"Ramirez is switching agents and has hired Scott Boras, a friend of Ramirez's told SI.com.
Red Sox GM Theo Epstein acknowledged by email that he's been informed of the change by Ramirez within the past few days.
Ramirez spoke aloud Thursday in Fort Myers about whether the Red Sox might exercise his $20-million option for 2009 or instead allow him to become a free agent, and he suggested in that interview that he'd prefer to stay in Boston but that he wouldn't be heartbroken to become a free agent, either.
It isn't known how the insertion of Boras in the equation might affect Ramirez's chances to stay in Boston. While Boras is famous for procuring many of the biggest free-agent contracts ever, he has a solid working relationship with the world champion Red Sox..."

Peter here, and do not fret. The Boston Red Sox hold the keys to Manny's future for the next three years. They have 2009 and 2010 as option years for Mr. Ramirez to remain being Boston Manny, so it shouldn't matter one whit (whit?) who is Manny's agent. The money terms are set, and all the team has to do is decide. Of course, Manny just might decide to retire after baseball season 2008, but after hearing him speak from Florida, it seems like he's ready to go. Are you ready? I sure am!

Have a great Saturday and a wonderful weekend. This upcoming week will be a momentous one for me. Bruce Springsteen & the E Street Band (the best band in the world) are coming to Hartford yet again, on Thursday the 28th. They opened the MAGIC tour right here in Hartford on October 1st, and they're opening the second leg of the MAGIC tour, which will encompass the entire country over the remainder of the winter, spring and summer, right here in Hartford yet again. And that's a dream come true for little old me. My city opens it up yet again. And I CAN'T WAIT! It will be Bruce show #60 (yes, that's right) for me, but that's over an extended period of time. To say that I like his words and music would be a severe understatement. Thursday here I come! And Hartford is ready for yet another Bruuuuce night. The city changed on that October 1st night of 2007, with people together from all parts of wherever, from street corners to parking lots to bars with peanut shells on the floor and THUNDER ROAD blaring from the speakers, all acting as brothers and sisters in the pursuit of life. Life itself. And for one night, WE WERE ALL ONE. When you think about it, and right now I WANT you to, we ARE all one. We breathe the same air, eat the same food and live together on this beautiful warm blue sphere. And that was before I arrived at the Civic Center. Every city block had it's own happy story, and I soaked it in like a sponge devoid of water. And then the Civic Center, and the show itself. 2 1/2 hours of pure Bruce rock 'n roll...heaven, in Hartford! And me, right in the middle of it. To tell you the truth, I'm smiling as I type these very words. And I thank you for reading them. Oh, if you want to read the Hartford Courant review of that first Bruce show in Hartford, with my comments added, just CLICK ON THE TITLE OF THIS POST. You'll smile...that's a guarantee. And that's part of my job...to make sure you have a smile on your faces. That makes me happy. Now click on the title and share the oh so great memories of that October night. I'd love to read your comments, too. As always, BE SAFE. I'll be here tomorrow, and I hope you will, too.

2 Comments:

At 2/23/2008 9:40 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Throw the Boss a kiss for me, Peter! Tell him to hightail it up to Portland!

 
At 2/23/2008 10:12 AM, Blogger Peter N said...

Thank you you!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home