Thursday, February 07, 2008

Schill Chilled

"Red Sox pitcher Curt Schilling is not expected to be ready for the
start of spring training because of shoulder issues, much like the ones
that caused the club to shut him down for seven weeks last season,
according to sources."

Peter here...does this bad news open the door for Clay Buchholz? (YES!!) Maybe it's a blessing in disguise? (NO!) I have no idea. But I think...I think..I think I shouldn't think! But I'm good at it. That sad news was from Boston dot com...and I wish I could share happier news. Is this a blessing?? NO, NO...I thought Schill was going to have a great 2008. Call me speechless, because I am. For once. Our rotation, sans Johan Santana and Curt Schilling, will be Josh Beckett, Daisuke Matsuzaka, Jon Lester, Tim Wakefield and Clay Buchholz. Good enough? We'll see.

2 Comments:

At 2/08/2008 1:23 AM, Blogger redsox.njdevils said...

Peter, hopefully this will make you stop crying (at least a little bit).
Curt just updated his blog (38pitches.com) tonight saying that "a lot of what has been reported is not true," and that, "I need to make it clear that Dr Morgan did NOT diagnose me with a tear of the rotator cuff at any time during this process, nor did he recommend rotator cuff surgery."
--I hope he's okay. I mean '07 would have been a nice way to end a career with a WS victory and all, but Curt has been working so hard on getting ready for this next season that it just seems so unfair. Hopefully, things will clear up in a few days and we will know the truth about what's going on (which I'm praying will be that everything's alright).
-------
This is extremely random, but it seems Pedro Martinez has been... rooster fighting(!?!)
http://ap.google.com/article/ALeqM5iU2LhLRqs2RjmuqwWcAFtTQgb0FgD8ULQ6HO1

 
At 2/08/2008 5:47 AM, Blogger Peter N said...

Thanks Brittany. I've read all the reports this Friday morning, which include the "disagreement between Schill and club officials and doctors. Thanks!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home