Saturday, March 01, 2008

Hank Steinbrenner Inserts His Foot Into His Big FAT Mouth

Peter here on this snowy Saturday morning. I came across an article at ESPN dot com that raised my ire and helped me realize that in some cases, when it comes to father and son, the apples don't fall far from the tree...if they fall at all. Here is exactly why. Hank Steinbrenner uttered some comments yesterday about the Boston Red Sox that are sure to steam Red Sox Nation and Red Sox International while showcasing his lack of any kind of intelligence in general. Here they are, in full. I wouldn't have it ANY other way...

"Steinbrenner, apparently trying to emphasize that he has no fear of the Yankees' American League competition, has amped up the rivalry between the two teams, intentionally or not.
"Red Sox Nation?" What a bunch of sh*t that is," he said in an interview with The New York Times' Play magazine. "That was a creation of the Red Sox and ESPN, which is filled with Red Sox fans.
"Go anywhere in America and you won't see Red Sox hats and jackets, you'll see Yankee hats and jackets. This is a Yankee country. We're going to put the Yankees back on top and restore the universe to order." (Peter here...when pigs like you fly, Hank)
Red Sox Nation? What a bunch of bullsh*t that is ... This is a Yankee country. We're going to put the Yankees back on top and restore the universe to order."
Like father, like son."

Peter here. Even his brother Hal had something to say, something a little less fiery and a little more intelligent. But not much. Here you go...

"The defending World Series champions have "a lot of talent, and have done very well the past few years, but let me put it this way: I don't think they wanted to play us in the ALCS," Hal Steinbrenner said. "So I will concede nothing. I think we're better than them."

Peter here, and whatever you say, Hal, whatever you say. Now it's MY turn! First, this is for head honcho hick Hank. Hey Hank, your team let a bunch of flying wizard insects help beat them in the series with the Indians. Your team finished in SECOND PLACE. Your team has not won a World series title in THIS CENTURY. Words cannot hurt us here in Red Sox Nation and Red Sox International. And those six words, RSN and RSI, stand for a band of brothers and sisters from all around the world, united in their love for the game of baseball and of a team, a team from Boston, Massachusetts called the Red Sox. THEY ARE THE WORLD CHAMPIONS. Your team is an also-ran, a small footnote in the grand scheme of things in the 2007 world of sports. Brother Hal, your comments were governed by a better sense of what to say or what NOT to say. It is your opinion that the Yankees are and have been better than the Red Sox. Hey, that's your opinion, and you're entitled to it.

I'd love to read and respond to your comments, for I'm sure you were a little steamed when you read Hank's words. But look on the bright side...now we have another Steinbrenner who, because of his insane big mouth, we can love to hate. He makes it so easy! He must know that the public stage is a huge one, and that by dissing RSN and RSI he has pis*ed off many people. Or maybe he doesn't. That's his problem, not ours. I linked the entire ESPN article. All you have to do is click on this post's title.

Everyone, have a safe and wonderful weekend. I thank you for stopping in yet again and I hope to read your comments. You can direct them to Hal himself if you want. I will respond to each and every one. You know I have a subtle way with words, but not when it comes to a dumb wide-faced jackass like Hank. Now we know his true colors, and frankly, they stink! As always, BE WELL, and don't forget to click on the title of this post. That ESPN article and the ludicrous comments contained therein were what spawned this PRSF post. I'm glad I saw them in the first place.

Oh, I almost forgot! The Red Sox beat the Twins 8-3 Friday in Fort Myers, with outstanding pitching from Daisuke and Oki, and others. Johan Santana's ERA is a healthy 13 plus. I know, I know, it's early, but I'm so glad we didn't sell the farm to obtain the left arm of one person. BE GOOD. As good as you can be. Always.

6 Comments:

At 3/01/2008 10:40 AM, Blogger Bosox Fan in Wichita said...

What a paranoid idiot! When truth stares him in the face, this delusional moron has to look the other way. Deny, deny, deny until he starts believing his asinine lies. He can turn a blind eye to the truth, but it doesn't change the fact that the Red Sox are probably the most popular MLB team.

The fact that this crap-for-brains ogre can't show respect is a perfect microcosm of the classless organization in which he is a leader. I hope his ignorant spew is posted in the Red Sox locker room before every game with the skankees.

 
At 3/01/2008 11:35 AM, Blogger Peter N said...

WOW, well said, Keith. And I thank you!

 
At 3/01/2008 11:36 AM, Blogger Peter N said...

OOOOOPS, I meant BFW...my bad... I just finished shoveling off my neighbor's cars, all of them in their 70s plus. I'm sorry......

 
At 3/01/2008 11:37 AM, Blogger Peter N said...

.....my neighbors are 70 plus, not their cars. Have a great Saturday.

 
At 3/01/2008 12:20 PM, Blogger Bosox Fan in Wichita said...

That's ok. There were some good cars in the 70's and I'm sure all your neighbors in their 70's are good, too. Way to go with that helping hand, Peter!

 
At 3/02/2008 5:32 AM, Blogger Peter N said...

BFW, his dad was never THAT dumb...close, though! Thanks!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home