Wednesday, March 19, 2008

TOTAL BULLS**T

Peter here, and hello on this quickly dark Wednesday. I know you've heard this news by now, but I couldn't believe it...until this, UNTIL THIS....

"The Red Sox trip to Japan has already hit a major snag...
During a players-only team meeting at City of Palms Park this morning at 8:30, the players decided unanimously, according to more than one player, that the Sox would not take the field for their scheduled 12:07 p.m. exhibition game against the Blue Jays today unless there was a resolution to MLB’s decision not to extend an appearnce fee of $40,000 to all team coaches making the trip to Japan. All players are receiving the $40,000 appearance fee for the Tokyo trip.
According to one player, the players also agreed not to board the Red Sox’ flight to Japan if the matter remained unresolved this evening.
“Unless they take care of this I don’t think we’re going (to Japan),” said Red Sox pitcher Kyle Snyder [stats]. “That’s pretty much where we stand. It’s a pretty strong feeling throughout the clubhouse.”

Peter here, with a little sanity, I HOPE! I do not understand. What???? I'll say that again...WHAT THE ....? I know you know what I meant. If our guys are THAT selfish, this might be the end for me. A 2008 future glory season was staring me in the face, ALL of us, right there in our grasp, with all the thrills and chills that make a summer so very special! I hoped. Past tense intended. And then I heard this? IT SICKENS ME. Just my honesty shining brightly, although dimmed by the baseball team that I love. SAD. So very much so.

THANKS TO SUL....I realize the players were concerned about the coaches not being compensated, but I still adhere to this train of thought...they're paid, and paid well to play baseball....SHUT UP AND DO IT. DO NOT LET DOWN a nation of Sox fans. Or I'll be lost in March. Never happened, never will, I hope. I just DO NOT know. Not now. Maybe ever.

11 Comments:

At 3/19/2008 12:53 PM, Blogger Bosox Fan in Wichita said...

The players are sticking up for the coaches and staff; there is no greed. That's the way I take it and it's a gutsy and admirable move on our players part.

Sorry if you don't see it that way, Peter, but you can't quit. Your blog says "Forever" and I take you for your word.

 
At 3/19/2008 12:58 PM, Blogger Suldog said...

Peter:

I think you may be operating under a misapprehension. The players are refusing to go if some of their coaches don't get paid. It's actually rather noble on their part.

 
At 3/19/2008 4:42 PM, Blogger Peter N said...

Thanks BFW...if I've lasted this long with THAT team, I ain't quitting now.
And Sul, I guess that isn't the way the media makes it sound. But Japan is counting on them, and if they can't get their collective asses on the plane, "f" "em. And we both know the players were complaining about their money, too. I am just so disgusted. Turn the page time? Oh yeah!!!!!!!!!! Forget????? NEVER.

 
At 3/19/2008 5:03 PM, Blogger Peter N said...

Keith, you're all set, I hope. P

 
At 3/19/2008 8:56 PM, Blogger redsox.njdevils said...

I'm glad everything's fixed and all better now; that could have gotten ugly...

I guess it depends on how you look at it, but I think it was a good thing for the players to stand up for their coaches, whether or not their own money was involved. But that's just my opinion--I can definitely see how it could be interpreted differently.

 
At 3/19/2008 9:58 PM, Blogger Beazer said...

Peter, how could you possibly consider the players selfish for this?

The Japan trip is only "important' because MLB made it so. They shouldn't even be going there. THEY are doing MLB a favor by making this trip and to put that in jeopardy to support their coaches and trainers is one of the most selfless things I've ever heard of an entire team doing.

I always thought I was proud of my team, but today I'm more proud of them than I ever thought possible.

 
At 3/20/2008 1:48 AM, Blogger Michael Leggett said...

My Parody Of This Mess, is now up, for a few laughs

 
At 3/20/2008 5:27 AM, Blogger Peter N said...

Beazer, nice to see you. I WAS MISTAKEN. Please read my Thursday post. Errors on my part, as with everyone else, happen, and this was a prime example. Thank you for speaking up. It's always great to know you stop by. You wouldn't believe it!
Brittany, thank you, too. I think my Thursday post makes everything quite clear.
And Mike, as always, thank you. Any word on Kaylee??

TO ALL, I'M SORRY, AND I HOPE YOU CAN READ MY THURSDAY WAY EARLY MORNING POST. I erred. Forgive me.

 
At 3/20/2008 9:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

All's well man. One thing I deeply appreciate about your blog is the emotion you put into it. That kind of writing style is one I enjoy and even if I don't comment, I pretty much read almost every post of yours. Thanks for clarifying today in the other post. I figured it was a misunderstanding (Which is better then misremembered...teeheeheee). Take it easy man.

Wayne

 
At 3/21/2008 6:57 AM, Blogger Peter N said...

Wayne, thank you so much for your kind words. If there's anything about me that is quite noticable, it's my emotion about anything, from pets to loved ones to sports to....well, I could keep going, but I won't.
Have a great holiday weekend. Pete

 
At 3/21/2008 6:58 AM, Blogger Peter N said...

Wayne, I hope I didn't misremember something. That word will soon find its way into Webster's Unabridged, thanks to Roger.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home