Tuesday, March 25, 2008

A Wonderful Email From Japan...I Have To Share It With You

Before the game today, I left a comment on my friend's blog. He is from Japan, and his blog name is Superbowl. He emailed me back telling me about his day today, the first day of Red Sox Nation joining Red Sox International. I want to share his email with you..

Hello !
Thanks for your comment on my blog !
In fact I went to the Tokyo Dome today with my friend....without
tickets
We each walked and walked around for ticket outside of the Dome.
I found a man who had a extra ticket.
and he said he's going to sell it original price.
I was flying high !
but I can't cast aside my friend.
I said to the man "please wait.. wait a minutes"
but it's game start time and he went into the dome.

We continued to look for tickets.
There are many people like us around the Dome.
Some are English speaking guys (maybe Americans)
One of them mistook me a scalper and talk to me.
It's getting colder outside and we started on homeward journey
overwhelmed.

I returned home and turned on the TV, I saw Moss tied with the homerun!
I also started up my PC and accessed your blog first before Boston
Globe or MLB.com
What a live blogging !
I felt I was in the Tokyo Dome from pre-game.
It's strange that a Japanese is told what happened in Japan from an American blog.

Today is the hardest day of my baseball life
But Sox win and your blog saved me.
Thank you Peter !

WE SAY, WE HOPE, WE BELIEVE. Yes they win !
Superbowl

Peter here, and I am overwhelmed. Truly we are ALL one. Thank you Superbowl. Peter-san. Red Sox Forever. And ever!

8 Comments:

At 3/25/2008 6:19 PM, Blogger gingerly said...

That was fun.

And hey, I watched the replay of the game this afternoon. Sheesh, I don't think I could have stood the drama in real time. As everyone's commented, what an intense game.

And we won, heh, heh, heh.

PS: It's weird how we don't see the checkbox to email follow-ups on a thread unless we first click to preview our comments. Only then does the option appear.

 
At 3/25/2008 9:53 PM, Blogger gingerly said...

Hmmm. That came out sounding wrong. What I meant was it's fun how we're all so connected through the internet. It's perfectly logical to me that someone in Japan would learn about something local from a guy in Connecticut who writes about a team from Boston. But I'm sure it was not "fun" to miss the game. Sorry, Superbowl. I didn't mean to make fun in any way.

One of my best friends is a guy in San Fransisco who I've never met. We've been emailing each other more than once a day for about 15 years now.

So I totally understand how these things can happen. Hope you get to see the game tomorrow.

Keith

 
At 3/26/2008 5:45 AM, Blogger Peter N said...

Keith, I never noticed that. And there were tense moments yesterday broken up by my mad dashes from my computer to the TV set, which is at an angle where I cannot see it while typing. I had fun.
I'm watching the pre game ceremonies now...we're getting it. DirectTV had a big problem yesterday. Thanks!

 
At 3/26/2008 5:54 AM, Blogger Peter N said...

Keith, this Wed. morning Superbowl sent you and me an email. Here it is, in its entirety...

Date: 26 Mar 2008 18:29:29 +0900
From: superbowl@mail.goo.ne.jp View

Subject: Thank you Peter-san and Kieth-sa n

Thanks for your blog post on my e-mail
and Keith, Thank you for your comments, Don't worry at all, I understood what you meant at y
our first comment.
At this moment, I feel missing the game was not so bad after all.
There were some good things like this, and there will be many friend of yours and friend of your readers
Superbowl

 
At 3/26/2008 10:37 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That was wonderful ;)

 
At 3/26/2008 11:10 AM, Blogger Peter N said...

WoW..thanks! That means so much!

 
At 3/29/2008 8:15 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm (a little) surprised that went over your head :D "wonderful" red sox life?

 
At 3/29/2008 10:56 AM, Blogger Peter N said...

Caroline, ??

 

Post a Comment

<< Home