Saturday, May 03, 2008

Schilling Close???

This is what I just read, borrowed from the Hartford Courant. From what I understand, and with no setbacks, we might see Curt BEFORE the All-Star break. But much has to go the right way for him, and in turn for us. Here you go...

"I would argue we're close to throwing, in a week to 10 days probably," Schilling said. "I feel great. I feel strong. I feel everything I'm supposed to feel. There's no comparison to where I am physically, strength-wise, any of it. We've done a bunch of testing. We've continued to improve every single one and there's a couple of last things that trainer Mike Reinold wants to see and be happy with before we move to the next step. I've not had a day where I've had, on a scale from 1 to 10, pain in the 2 to 3 neighborhood," Schilling said. "And if I've been uncomfortable any day, it's never carried out after I left. I haven't had any issues."
Red Sox manager Terry Francona said Schilling will undergo strength tests this weekend. "That may lead to him starting to throw a ball," Francona said. "I think he's getting closer. I think we're getting to a point where he might be grabbing a ball pretty soon."

Peter here. When I read that, I smiled. I wanted to pass that same smile on to you. Use it ALL weekend!

2 Comments:

At 5/03/2008 2:13 PM, Blogger Rooster said...

Colon is getting closer, Schilling is going to start throwing - nice to know we have more troops on the way!

 
At 5/04/2008 6:13 AM, Blogger Peter N said...

I know! And the "troops" that make up the starting pitching staff is jelling into a tremendous unit. Let's see if Jon Lester can shine as he did in his last start, the best of his career. Have a great Sunday, Mr. Rational!! Your blog continues to be very entertaining, making mine seem a little bland. I amped up the humor a little this Sunday morning. There was plenty to be happy about. 12 runs are 12 runs!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home