Thursday, June 12, 2008

Spock, Sulu, SHIELDS UP...PREPARE PHOTON TORPEDOS...

OK, OK, it's me back again with a report on the suspension for Rays' pitcher/bully/mediocre puncher/idiot...James Shield. I use the term "pitcher" loosely. I wanted to share this with you...

"Apparently the punishment Major League Baseball doled out to Tampa Bay Rays‘ starter James Shields following a bench-clearing brawl was not enough for the big right-hander.
Shields, who started the brawl by plunking Red Sox outfielder Coco Crisp in the thigh in the second inning, received a six-game suspension from MLB. Now, Shields has added four more games himself for what he terms “girly punches.”
“Did you see me out there?” a devastated Shields told reporters after the announcement of the additional suspension. “I was terrible. I thought I knew how to fight, but man – on tape I look like a fucking amateur.”
Shields’ plunking of Crisp was a response to Crisp’s slide-tackle of Rays’ second baseman Akinori Iwamura the day before. “I had to protect my teammate. Even at the risk of exposing my puny fighting skills.”
While Shields’ own criticism of his performance was harsh enough, he said the decision to increase his suspension was reached after talking with his father.
Shields claims not to have been in a fistfight since he was 13 years old, and admits that he probably should have trained before the big bout. “I knew it was coming, but I didn’t really prepare for it. You would think a group of adults would be able to settle their differences without throwing punches, but I forgot this was baseball. I should have done some training with that Kimbo Slice guy, or at least rented some kickboxing videos.
“The bright side is, I now know that the weakness in my pitching is my inability to throw quick, effective jabs. It’s something I’ll continue to work on during the season and into the off-season, to ensure that this never happens again.”

Peter here...believe it, or not. Not would be your best choice. It is a goof, a goof about a pitcher who I DO NOT LIKE! I hope I brought you a smile, just a little one, because EVERY smile is important. THIS IS FROM SSNN...click on the title of this very very funny post. I didn't write it. THEY DID!

2 Comments:

At 6/12/2008 9:39 AM, Blogger Bosox Fan in Wichita said...

Actually, he needs to learn how to slap with his glove, so he won't hurt his pitching hand. He needs to save his pitching hand for scratching, pinching and hair pulling.

 
At 6/12/2008 1:12 PM, Blogger Peter N said...

If not more, but I thought his teammates did most of that "girly stuff." It was a funny article, though. Thanks, BFW

 

Post a Comment

<< Home