Friday, July 18, 2008

BONDS Going To Yankees? Or Is This Just A Sham? I'll Ask You To Be The Judge Of That...

From MLB News Dot Com. Is this just a joke to gain readership? Or will Bobby Bonds, the legally tangled slugger, patrol Yankee Stadium's spacious leftfield? YOU decide. Here you go...

"Embattled former Giants slugger Barry Bonds has entered into formal contract negotiations with the Yankees, and a consummation of the deal is anticipated forthwith, a confidential clubhouse source told MLBNewsOnline.com.
The incentive-laden deal, being hammered out between Bonds' agent Jeff Borris and general manager Brian Cashman, will well exceed the major league $200,000 minimum but has a number of protective clauses to isolate the Yankees' exposure to the possibility of Bonds missing time due to legal distractions or recurring injury, the source said. (And until he reports that Barry Bonds is climbing the Empire State Building and the Navy is dispatching biplanes, I'm sticking with my source.)
Cashman was reported to have arrived at the decision to sign Bonds during the All-Star break when he determined that the all-time home run leader would be needed to replace injured left fielder Hideki Matsui, who is out indefinely with a knee injury. Cashman was persuaded largely because the team will not have to sacrifice any coveted prospects who had been targeted by various other potential trading partners."

Peter here, and I'll believe this AFTER I see it happen. What do you think? More baggage for that pinstriped team with the crying owner? Tell me what you think...I'll respond to your comments. Part of me would love to see Bonds in a NYY uniform, trying to play line shots off the Green Monster, and part of me would not. Have a great weekend! P.S. WAKE UP, Brian Cashman...your team needs pitching. Or better yet...keep on snoozing! ALL SEASON LONG...

5 Comments:

At 7/18/2008 12:15 PM, Blogger Michael Leggett said...

It'll Be a consumate disgrace. Then, again, DFYankees have a Sleazy Background, going back to when The Chief Of Department, NYPD, bought the team, and he was a real goniff:

Nothing Surprises me, that they'd go that way

 
At 7/18/2008 5:49 PM, Blogger Maxwell Horse said...

I don't know why, but I would so love this if it turned out to be true.

 
At 7/19/2008 2:56 AM, Blogger Michael Leggett said...

#2000 Is Posted!

 
At 7/19/2008 5:37 AM, Blogger Peter N said...

Congrats on number two thousand Mikey!
MH, it would be very intriging. My gut tells me he won't go.

 
At 7/19/2008 6:48 AM, Blogger Peter N said...

Intriguing...my bad. It's way too early!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home