Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Home Run City! Boston 13 Tampa Bay 5

The Boston Red Sox had their home run bats swinging freely Monday night in Florida as they bashed the Devil Rays by a score of 13-5. A four run first inning, including a three run shot by Big Papi David Ortiz, launched the Red Sox into a share of first place but they are one game back in the loss column. This is what Mike Lowell had to say after the convincing victory...

“It helps in the first inning when David hits a three-run home run, that’s a good feeling starting the game off,” said Mike Lowell, who added a solo home run two batters later. “I think we did a good job of keeping the intensity and keep scoring runs because these are all-important games for us. They’re very important because it’s an important series. It’s a good statement game for us. We haven’t won a game in this park this year. We swung the bats real well today. We hit the long ball a lot better than we have all year; that’s a good sign.”

Josh Beckett will take the mound tonight as Boston goes for sole position of the top spot in the AL East. We go with our best to reach the promised land...how much better does it get?

That's all I can type today. I took a tumble on the stairs yesterday afternoon and severely hurt my left shoulder. Talk about pain!! If it doesn't get any better, I'll have to see a doctor...I hope not. You can click on the title of this post for the Boston Herald's complete coverage of last night's Red Sox home run derby. Thanks for stopping in, I hope the extra strength Tylenol will kick in NOW, and as always, BE WELL. I wish I was!

5 Comments:

At 9/16/2008 6:28 AM, Blogger Michael Leggett said...

Feel Good-Be Well:

The Tampa Bay DEVIL Rays Have returned, for Old Time Sake, not that anyone in Tampa, noticed.

 
At 9/16/2008 10:13 AM, Blogger Bosox Fan in Wichita said...

Sorry to hear about your stair diving. I hope you feel better soon.

Let's keep the bats swinging while Josh gives his usual late-season start.

 
At 9/16/2008 10:24 AM, Blogger Rooster said...

Peter - sorry to hear about the shoulder - hope you don't need a doctor! We need everyone healthy for this playoff run!

 
At 9/16/2008 10:08 PM, Blogger Elizabeth Wright said...

Peter, are you sure you shouldn't go to Emergency and have an X-ray, at least?

When thinking about the strange low attendance of the Rays, this was also the case when New York had three baseball teams. The New York Giants never filled the Polo Grounds to any great degree, except when the Dodgers came in, and perhaps one or two other teams. But they were still beloved.

I must say I admire the Rays even more for the work they've done this season, considering they've had so little moral support. What in the world has compelled them to labor so persistently, even while looking at those empty seats?

 
At 9/17/2008 5:28 AM, Blogger Peter N said...

Thanks Mike--I'm going to to doctor at 9am. I hope it's not broken.
And thank you, BFW...it's no fun. You too, Rooster.
Elizabeth, I figured I'd go to my Docter and she will advise.
I have to keep this short--pain and one-handed typing. Thanks all!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home