Friday, October 31, 2008

No Baseball News For Now...MRI For Me Today

I wanted to give you a quick update on my shoulder which I injured rather badly two months (wow!!) ago. It is still killing me and I saw the Doctor once again on Thursday morning. He gave me a cortisone shot RIGHT in the shoulder joint. It hurt so much that I kicked the wall! It was a "no damage to the wall" tap, but BOY, now I know why the baseball players do not like them. Remember, I take six shots of insulin every single day, but this needle was a monster. Oh boy, I guess it doesn't help to be claustrophobic when you get into an MRI machine for thirty minutes. I'll tough it out...I always have through the lean health times. I get through the bad to get to the good in life. As John Lennon said, "life is what happens to you when you're busy making other plans." Truer words have never been written or sung. I still shed a few tears when I type that lyric. By the way, it's from a song called BEAUTIFUL BOY, his 1980 tribute to his very young son. He was shot dead less than a month later...everyone's loss.

Everyone, thank you for stopping in, wish me luck and I'll write a full experience report when I get home late this morning. I appprecrciate every one of you SO much. I really do! As always, BE WELL.

6 Comments:

At 10/31/2008 10:15 AM, Blogger Bosox Fan in Wichita said...

Well that sucks. I hope your shoulder feels better after having to experience that "harpoon". Good luck on the MRI - think of good Sox memories to while away that half hour.

I want to hear you say "I must admit it's getting better. It's getting better all the time." Be well, my friend.

 
At 10/31/2008 10:18 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Imagine that needle in your knee. I've had a few of those myself. Plus I've had enough cortisone shots in my back to know the pain you're going through.

The way I got through MRI's being claustrophobic was to just space out and think of a happy place.

 
At 10/31/2008 10:38 AM, Blogger Collective Thoughts said...

Sorry about your shoulder good like I went in an MRI for my knee and know how it feels. Think happy thoughts...you will get through this people I know you personally and you got through harder things..hugs my friend

 
At 10/31/2008 11:46 AM, Blogger Leominster said...

Good luck, Peter.

 
At 11/01/2008 5:00 AM, Blogger Peter N said...

I wish it was, but thank you. The MRI was loud but I got through it. Thanks, BFW.
Ian, OUCH! But the shoulder joint was pretty bad, too.
Thanks Shay. I appreciate the kind words.
Leominster, thanks. I'm glad it's over (shot & MRI). I wish the shot would kick in a litter better. This is tough.
THANKS EVERYONE...post writing time!

 
At 11/01/2008 10:20 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good luck, Peter! Hope it's not your typing shoulder!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home