Wednesday, October 08, 2008


From Boston dot com, just now...
Red Sox manager Terry Francona today announced his rotation for the ALCS, which kicks off on Friday night in St. Petersburg, Fla. against the Rays:

Game 1: Daisuke Matsuzaka
Game 2: Josh Beckett
Game 3: Jon Lester
Game 4: Tim Wakefield
Game 5: Matsuzaka
Game 6: Beckett
Game 7: Lester

P.S. In my last post, I took an educated guess... I was right.
Take care,'re the best!


At 10/08/2008 2:50 PM, Blogger Rooster said...

I was wondering how you got the Dice-K as Game 1 starter info. Good guess.

I wrote up my approach to the rotation today too (prior to the announcement). To me, the key was game 1-4, and Terry and I are in perfect agreement.

I went with Beckett in Game 5 on regular rest. I think Terry is trying to shorten the amount of time off for Dice-K, who I had in Game 6.

But, I stick my my assertation that Games 5, 6, and 7 (if needed) are subject to change, depending on what the situation is at that point, in terms of health, effectiveness, and the wins and losses.

Thanks for the info Peter!

At 10/09/2008 6:42 AM, Blogger Peter N said...

Hey Rooster. I read your post, too. And that's exactly why Tito has Dice K leading avoid too many days between starts. And we all know Lester's record at Fenway. I think what you mean by your last sentence was maybe the possibility of moving Lester up from game #7. I hope it's not necessary.

At 10/09/2008 8:54 AM, Blogger Rooster said...


My last sentence was a little more than that. What I mean, is after the first 4 games, anything can change - the rotation after that, even though it is announced, is subject to change.

If Dice-K gets killed and can't get out of the first inning, Tito might not want to use him in game 5. If Beckett re-injures the oblique, he could get pushed back. Things like that.

Looking forward to kicking this off tomorrow!

At 10/10/2008 5:40 AM, Blogger Peter N said...

I understand, Rooster. I hope none of those "unexpected" things happen, as I'm sure you do, too. This should be a great series, but I'd like to see it "go four and no more." (I just made that up!)


Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home