World Series Game One Result...Five Boston Red Sox Off Season Questions
Philadelphia won game one of the 2008 World Series with a tense, terse 3-2 pitching-heavy victory in St. Petersburg, Florida Wednesday night. The Phillies' Cole Hamels outpitched Scott Kazmir, who pitched well himself, to earn the victory. Game two will be Thursday night at 8:35pm EDT on FOX and FOXHD. It's a must game for the Mohawk-laden Rays. Enjoy!
The Boston Globe's Tony Massarotti had a great piece in this morning's paper detailing the five most important questions Boston has to answer in the off season. I linked the article, which allows you, the fan, to vote on each query. Simply click on this title's post. You might be surprised by a couple of the leading voting answers, but you read this blog, among others, so I don't think so. Let me zap through the five questions and after you have a chance to vote, I'll follow it up with my exhaustively researched (yeah, right) opinions on each one. Hey, the only research I do when I give my opinion on anything Red Sox is listen to that little voice in my left ear that rings loud and clear and tells me what to write and how to write it. That little voice might have driven lesser people bonkers, but I kind of like it! I guess I'm a little bonkers to begin with. Here we go, and I paraphrase. Thank you Boston Globe and Tony Massarotti...
1) What do the Sox do with Ellsbury and/or Coco? Should Jacoby continue to lead off, or should it be Crisp, who was white hot in the postseason...should they trade Crisp while his value is so high?
2) The shortstop question. Will it be Lugo or Lowrie in '09? Should they jettison Lugo?
3) What do the Sox do with Justin Masterson...'pen or rotation?
4) Do they resign Jason Varitek? Do they let him leave, something he does not want to do, or do they get someone who can help him with the load?
5) Does Boston need another power hitter? If so, should they go after free agent Mark Teixeira, the potent first baseman from the Angels who will be a free agent this winter? If the answer was yes, who do they part with...Ortiz (no), Youk (NO, NO) or Mike Lowell (the best of the three--age etc.) ?
That's it! Just click on the title and vote for yourself. It only takes five minutes, and it's fun. And then leave your comments right here, if you can. I appreciate those of you who still stop in almost if not every day...it makes this all worthwhile. I'll look for those comments and you'll be able to read my opinions on each question first thing in the morning. I haven't heard anything about Tito Francona's back because the Sox have not released anything to the public. When I hear it, you read it. Right here. As always, BE WELL.