Tuesday, November 04, 2008

Boston Red Sox Raiding Japan Again? **VOTE!**

The Boston Red Sox, always searching the earth's horizon from west to east for pitching, just might be doing it again, reports from the GM meetings in California seem to say. First, there was Daisuke Matsuzaka and then came Hideki Oklajima. Following in their footsteps might be Junichi Tazawa, who played for a company team in his native homeland. He has never played professional ball. Unlike Daisuke, there will be no "posting process" that Boston will have to go through. Tazawa is free to sign with any major league team without costly compensation. He's 22 years old, a righthander who throws a mid-90s fastball, a split-fingered fastball and an overhand curve. It is rumored that he will be seeking a major league contract. Certainly, his age is a huge positive factor for the Sox. He is also being pursued and coveted by the Cubbies, Braves and Marlins. My thanks to the Boston Herald for much of this information. And other than that, no huge GM meetings news has broken but there's plenty of time.

On a personal note, the MRI results of my shoulder/upper arm brought unsettling news to me. It seems that when I slammed that part of my body against the staircase bannister almost 2 1/2 months ago, I ripped the big muscle. I'm going to see the doctor at 12:45 pm EST...after that, I'll know more. But the "O" word was mentioned...operation. OH BOY, just what I needed. I'll do ANYTHING to prevent that outcome and I'll let you know everything in my next post. To tell you the truth, I'm a little scared.

Today, as you know, is Election Day. Here in dark and lovely Connecticut, the polls open in 45 minutes. That's right, 6am. I'm going to go at 10am, after the early rush. With a voter turnout of at least 90 % expected, I think the entire day might be a rush hour. It's important that you get out there and let your voice be heard. If you want my prediction, I say Obama's electoral college numbers will approach or exceed 300, a mini-blowout. We'll all find out in roughly 12 plus hours. VOTE...PLEASE!!!

Enjoy your Tuesday as America gathers as one to determine who will be the next President of the United States. Hopefully, Governor Sarah Palin, McCain's biggest mistake, will never be one heartbeat away from commander in chief. You can click on the title of this post for all you need to know about voting and how to avoid any mistakes at the polls. Thanks, wish me luck at the doc's, and as always, BE WELL.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home