Friday, November 21, 2008

BYE BYE GEORGIE

The so called "Boss" (the only Boss in MY life was, is and will be Bruce) has officially stepped down and handed over control of his team, the New York Yankees, to his youngest son Hal. The younger (40) Steinbrenner had this to say to the media...

"I realize it's a great responsibility," said Hal Steinbrenner, who turns 40 on Dec. 3. "My dad is, needless to say, a tough act to follow. He's been slowing down the last couple years," Hal Steinbrenner said. "Really, for the last two years I have been intimately involved with all aspects and all departments of the company. It's what I've been doing day-to-day. My duties aren't really going to change and my workload isn't going to change much. So, I mean, it's as much a procedural thing within the family, I think, as anything at this point."

Peter here. Hank will take a back seat on this one...Hal is much better looking. Just kidding. I never liked George but I admit he did a good job with the team after he purchased it for a ridiculously low price...in today's dollars. He brought (with tons of money) world championships and drived attendance through the roof. I'm sure we'll all see his face on Opening Day at the new Yankee Stadium. He should be there, he deserves to be there, he HAS to be there. And God willing, he will be.

On the hot stove information hot line filled with all the latest news, there IS no news. Not today, as of 5:15am EST. When anything happens, and we all know it will, you'll be able to read about it right here. You can click on this post's title for more on the passing of the Steinbrenner torch from the New York Daily News, or the Post...they all look the same to me. As always, BE WELL, and have a safe and great weekend.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home