Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Good Comments Deserve A Post...

These are two Wednesday comments and my response. Great questions...

"Its a new day" said...
Shoring up the pen is an every-year event.
Sabathia may or may not end up in pinstripes. If he's interested in a WS title, he'll go elsewhere, because I can't see the Yankees being really competitive for a couple more years.
Teixeira would be a great pickup, but where do you play him?
11/12/2008 8:54 AM


"Bosox Fan in Wichita" said...
When people say the Sox need to add a "30 home run guy", do they mean in addition to Jason Bay?
If you're saying Lowell and Tek should be jettisoned, that happening will be a sad event. What young pitcher do you give up for a Ranger catcher?
No surgery, that's good, I think. What's the alternative?
11/12/2008 11:30 AM

Peter N said...
I can answer both your questions. Mark Teixeira is a perfect fit...great power from both sides of the plate and a gold glove defense. He will be THE CATCH in the 2008 free agent market, and the Sox need him. Badly. He will play first, Youk will move over to the other side of the diamond, and sadly, Mike Lowell will be made available in the trade talks to come. That's what's best for the team. Landing Tex will not be inexpensive, but he is someone you open multiple wallets for (except mine). That's the way it will happen, unless the Yanks break their bank accounts. Getting Sabathia will not be cheap by any means, and it seems they will lean his way. Good...the better for Boston. For us.

BFW, I never said to rid us of 'Tek...he should be resigned to a 2 year deal...with another catcher to help him with the catching load. He will STILL be in the clubhouse to go over the opposing pitchers likes and dislikes with the Sox pitcher of the day...that is his forte. His genius. The Sox need his knowlege.

The alternative to surgery, BFW, and thank you SO much for asking, sucks, but I'll get through this part of my life. Physical therapy exercise every day will slooowwwwlllly help me. I'm not a happy person right now, but I'll make it!
Thanks, guys. You're the best!!!!
11/12/2008 3:34 PM

I put this in a post because I wanted to...great questions, great friends. BE WELL.

2 Comments:

At 11/13/2008 10:00 AM, Blogger Bosox Fan in Wichita said...

I hope the Sox can land Tex and sign Tek for two years. That would be great!

Sorry you didn't get better news on your shoulder, but you can get through the physical therapy with your amazing will power and perseverance. You've made it through tougher stuff. Think of it like you're a Sox player going through rehab. Best of luck.

 
At 11/14/2008 5:21 AM, Blogger Peter N said...

Thank you SO much. My shoulder will never be the same but I can make the most of it. Thanks, my good friend.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home