Thursday, November 27, 2008

HAPPY THANKSGIVING TO ONE & ALL

Today is a day when we all give thanks, thanks to the men and women who are serving on or near the battle lines in lands too far away, thanks to our family, friends and loved ones and thanks for our health and well being. I have so much to be thankful for...the recent injuries I've experienced are minor in the big scheme of things. I will survive, with pain. But this isn't about me, it's about you, my readers. Thank you. Have a wonderful day filled with food, fun, football, friends and family...and then more food. Maybe just a little bit more? Wow, I'm stuffed! And it's not even 6am EST.

On the baseball front, the California Anaheim Los Angeles Angels (wow, that even mixed me up!) are said to be reluctant to commit themselves to a ten year deal for the services of Mark Teixeira. I can see why...ten years is too long. What's wrong with a nice five to seven year deal with the mega-bucks included? I doubt ANY team will shell out for a ten year commitment. One MLB general manager put it this way...

"The Angels have been waiting how long to have a hitter like this to protect Vlad Guerrero in the lineup, and they'd let him escape?"

Peter here. Yes, they will...if Boras(s) demands ten years, but I think it's all a part of his style...start high and then back down to reasonability. Did you hear me, Scott? REASONABILITY...I capitalized it in case you forgot your reading glasses.

Have a happy and healthy Thanksgiving, my Constant Readers. You can click on the title of this post to be transported to the Boston Herald's baseball home page. As always, BE WELL. Shalom.

2 Comments:

At 11/27/2008 8:31 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Thanksgiving, Peter!

 
At 11/27/2008 5:21 PM, Blogger Peter N said...

Same to you, Lisa! WOW, I JUST got home from a wonderful turkey dinner with family and friends...right now, I'm a happy guy.
Thank you for saying hi. Happy happy long holiday weekend! Pete

 

Post a Comment

<< Home